Skip to main content
Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Customer Voice forum / Sharing Customer Voice...
Customer Voice forum
Suggested answer

Sharing Customer Voice Survey's without giving ownership

editSubscribe (2) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 116

I've got a couple questions on sharing CV surveys that I hope someone can shed some light on.

We've got a few surveys that I created and our users are using to send out to contacts, leads, etc...  They are sending the surveys in D365 using a Flow in order to trigger the send.  

The issue I have is that in order for them to be able to send them I have to share the CV surveys with them individually and in doing so gives each user Owner access to the survey.  Obviously this isn't ideal as I don't want someone even clicking around inside the survey when they don't know what they are doing.

So...

1. Is there a way to share a survey with a pre-defined team or group instead of having to share each survey with everyone individually?  That way the group could have members added and subtracted instead of having to go through each survey when someone new is added to the team.

2.  Is there a way to share surveys without giving owner access to each person I share them with?  I'm hoping there is a permission in D365 that restricts users from editing CV surveys but still allows them to send them to our clients.

Thank you in advance!

Chris

Categories:
Attachments
  • Sharing Customer Voice Survey's without giving ownership
    "Hi, 

I am looking for this feature: "a) sharing surveys to have just access to Reports section in Customer Voice (with view only access to survey design and distribution)"

Has this been realized yet?

Kind Regards,
    Martijn
  • Simon H Profile Picture
    Simon H 2 on at
    Sharing Customer Voice Survey's without giving ownership
    Is there anyone from Microsoft who can advise on the status of this suggested feature?
  • Chris_W Profile Picture
    Chris_W 116 on at
    RE: Sharing Customer Voice Survey's without giving ownership

As of today, I have yet to see that ability.

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hello Arjun N,

I know that this is two years later, however I am faced with the same issue at the moment please advise if Microsoft have managed to get the other roles working?

• Chris_W Profile Picture
    Chris_W 116 on at

Hi Arjun,

Thank you for the reply and insight into the future roadmap.  Looking forward to the updates as they come.

Best,

Chris

• Suggested answer
    Arjun N Profile Picture
    Arjun N on at

Hi Chris,

Thank you for being a valuable customer and taking time to share your scenario and providing input/feedback. Here is my response below for your two questions:

For # 1,  we are working on this capability currently to provide the option to choose an existing group also rather than creating new group everytime. If you want to be part of early preview starting around next month pls reach out to me at arnagula@microsoft.com.

For # 2, in our roadmap we have two capabilities a) sharing surveys to have just access to Reports section in Customer Voice (with view only access to survey design and distribution) b) sharing surveys to have just access to distribute the surveys (with view only access to survey).  Hope these roles work. I dont have an ETA to share for this, but incase you want to provide feedback on this item, you can again directly reachout to me on the above email.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Demystifying Copilot with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar explains how Copilot for Service is meant to function separately...

Business Process Guidance Badges and New…

The Microsoft Success by Design is the framework for implementing Dynamics 365…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,254 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 222,958 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans