Filter blog posts

Card view List view
  • Relevance
  • Most recent
  • Most liked

Filter blog posts

LikeLike (1)
#Dexterity Script Editor Undocumented Features: Snippets and Auto Close

A recent Microsoft Dynamics GP forum post reminded me to create an article about a couple of cool, undocumented features available for the Dexterity Script Editor. The request was for an easy method of inserting a script header comment block into ...

David Musgrave MVP ... 13,781 Super User
LikeLike (1)
#MySummitNA Dynamics GP Development Tools Session

Dynamic Communities (DC), the team behind GPUG, will be hosting their Community Summit Conference on 12th to 15th October 2021. The agenda with sessions has now been posted online and I will be presenting a session on Microsoft Dynamics GP develop...

LikeLike (1)
Application Products
#GPPT Why does Automatic Logout fail to work?

Build 26 of GP Power Tools introduced a new Automatic Logout feature for Microsoft Dynamics GP. This functionality was further enhanced in Build 27 and again in the upcoming Build 28 release. While there are other solutions which can log out inact...

LikeLike (1)
News Products
The future of the Support Debugging Tool

Since leaving Microsoft in October last year, I have been asked many times about the future of the Support Debugging Tool. So I wanted to let people know what is happening with the tool and what to expect. As mentioned in my earlier post: Update: ...

LikeLike (1)
Announcing Dexterity Training at GPUG Summit 2017 in Nashville, TN, USA

While you are organising your trip to Nashville for GPUG Summit 2017, how about coming in a week early to spend 5 days with me learning Dexterity, the development tool on which Microsoft Dynamics GP is built. GPUG Academy will be offering Dexterit...

LikeLike (1)
Application
Field Level Security can crash Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 Web Client

While working on testing GP Power Tools, I had to investigate an issue with GP Power Tools running on the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 Web Client, and discovered a bug which can crash the web client. The problem I was seeing was just by having GP Po...

LikeLike (1)
Application News
#MSDynGP Microsoft Announcement April 2023

On the 4th April 2023, Microsoft made an announcement about the future of new Microsoft Dynamics GP sales. While the details of the announcement are primarily behind “partner only” links, I wanted to explain the main points and how the...

LikeLike (1)
SBA is not as Asynchronous as you might think

Service Based Architecture (SBA) was released with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015, it covers technologies to make Dynamics GP more accessible to external applications by allowing Dexterity global procedures to be exposed as Web Services. It also allow...

LikeLike (1)
News
PSA: Microsoft will never call you or ask you to call them

Recently, I posted an article: Friday Funny: Fake Microsoft Scammer Tries to Scam Ex Microsoft Employee, where an ex-Microsoftie had some fun with a scammer using a virtual machine which could be damaged without any actual risks to his computer. T...

LikeLike (1)
News
New Site for Microsoft Dynamics GP Product Suggestions

It took a little while after the old Microsoft Connect site for Microsoft Dynamics GP product suggestions was shut down, but the new site has been up and running for a little while and is getting lots of great suggestions added. I recommend signin...