Creating AddIns Dll

This question has suggested answer(s)

Can we use User-defined forms in Creating a AddIns dll? I'm trying to create an AddIns Dll for GP10. But on using the command Dynamics.Forms in visual studio doesnt show the form I created in dexterity. Can AddIns be created on User created forms or can only be used for dynamics forms?

All Replies
  • Hello Laxmi

If you are having a separate dictionary with a custom form created (or) you have a modified form created for a standard GP window, you need to use DAG (Dictionary Application Generator) to create the assembly for the custom dictionary or the modified forms dictionary respectively and then reference that assembly in your customization using Visual Studio Tools.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks & Regards

Siva - Dynamics GP MVP (2010 - 2012)

• Hello Laxmi

This is a sample syntax for using DAG to generate the application dictionary assemblies.

dag.exe 3333 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Dynamics.set" /M

where 3333 is the name of the product dictionary. The /M will create the assembly for the main dictionary and /F will create the assembly for the modified forms dictionaries.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks & Regards

Siva - Dynamics GP MVP (2010 - 2012)

• Thanks for replying.

I created the application dictionary assembly and try to access the form from visual studio but I get a build error saying " inaccessible due to its protection level". Any suggestions?

• Hi,

This error message is relate to class member restriction in C#. Verify the accessibility of the member for which you are getting the error message. You can read about it on msdn

msdn.microsoft.com/.../ms173121(VS.80).aspx

msdn.microsoft.com/.../wa80x488(VS.80).aspx

Rubal,

http://www.dynamicsgphelp.com/

• Hi Rubal,

But I declared the class member as public. I'm still not sure why it is causing this error.