What is wrong with my SOP integration?

This question is answered

I created a new SOP integration today in GP 10 Integration Manager.  All of our others were created prior to upgrading to GP 10, and I'm fairly sure I have this new one set up as similarly as possible.

However, when I test it, it fails on the first document and the error message is DOC 1 ERROR: Do you want to save changes?

Is there some setting somewhere I need to change? What am I missing?

Verified Answer
  • My guess is that there is something about that document that is requiring user input and the screen is trying to close. The item is not lot or serial number tracked is it? How about it's U/M? Try entering the order by hand into GP and see what screens pop up. Could be an address on one of the lines. Something is making an additional window to open.

Richard E. Wheeler 2013 and 2014 MVP

Member Microsoft Academic Alliance

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

All Replies
  • My guess is that there is something about that document that is requiring user input and the screen is trying to close. The item is not lot or serial number tracked is it? How about it's U/M? Try entering the order by hand into GP and see what screens pop up. Could be an address on one of the lines. Something is making an additional window to open.

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

• Entering the transaction by hand as Richard suggested is a great answer. Another thing you can do is to change the .ini file so that you can see Dynamics and watch the macro run, assuming you are using the standard adapter.

The .ini file is named:

Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.IntegrationManager.ini

Below is an excerpt from the .ini file. Change the entry 'ShowDynamics=True'.

[IMGPPrv]

ShowDynamics=True

DoUIRedraw=False

AllowOpenWindows=False

HideMsgBox=True

Leave it to me to be changing the .ini files <grin>

Kind regards,

Leslie

Leslie Vail, CPA, MVP, MCT, MCITP, MCP, MCITS
    ASCI, Inc.    *    PO Box 600965   *   Dallas, TX 75360    *   972-814-8550   *   leslievail@earthlink.net

• Thanks Richard for the suggestion.  I received the input files from another developer and assumed she had followed my specs to the letter.  But that wasn't the case.  One of the constant values I had specified was written incorrectly to the file, which meant that Dynamics was trying to add it to a table of look up values.  Hence the prompt to save changes.

Thanks again; I appreciate the prompt response! :)

• Glad to have been of service. It is nice to know that 18 years experience with Dynamics GP comes in handy some times.