Report Writer - add Company Ph and Fax # to SOP Invoice

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hello,

How do you add a field for the company phone and fax number on the SOP blank invoice form? I noticed these fields aren't available and I have so far created a calculated field, but the number shows up as 12345678910000, when I would like it to read (123) 456-7891.  Is it possible to set the ph and fax number format to (xxx) xxx-xxxx?

All Replies
  • Hi - The fields are available under 'Globals' in report writer.

They should format on the SOP Blank Invoice report same as you see on screen.

Best regards,

Ian.

Ian Stewart MVP - International support for Dynamics GP. Local knowledge, local timelines, local GP talent. Genesys Financial Systems (Europe) Microsoft Gold Certified Partner http://dynamicsgp.wordpress.com/

• Thanks Ian. Maybe I'm not looking closely enough, but I was only able to find "Phone 1" which is the company phone number. No field titled Fax No. or Company Fax. No.  Even with the Phone 1 field, the format is (xxx)xxx-xxxx ext xxx.  Is there anyway to adjust that format to (xxx) xxx-xxxx?

• Did you ever figure this out?  Need to do the same thing only to the packing slip

• Hi,

Yes, you can change the format by editing the existing format in Report Writer. Find the phone number format and assign it to the field. Open the format and change the mask:

Delete the 'EXT. XXXX' part of the format and then insert it to the right and replace the existing format string.

Kind regards,

Leslie

Leslie Vail, CPA, MVP, MCT, MCITP, MCP, MCITS
    ASCI, Inc.    *    PO Box 600965   *   Dallas, TX 75360    *   972-814-8550   *   leslievail@earthlink.net

• Hi,

I also need to add the company fax number to the sop invoice, were you able to resolve this?

Thanks

Deb

• Deb

You need create a calculated field .

RW_CoAddrIDInfo

Module:

System Manager

Series:

System

Script type:

Global function

Form (If a form global):

Category:

Data Retrieval

Description:

Returns a string field from the Company Address table for the given Address ID. Leave IN_Address_Code blank for company default location.

IN_Field should use the following values:-

1 = Contact Name

2 = Address 1

3 = Address 2

4 = Address 3

5 = City

6 = State

7 = Zip

8 = Country

9 = Phone 1

10 = Phone 2

11 = Phone 3

12 = Fax

13 = Country Code

14 = County

15 = Address Name

16 = Address ID

Prerequisites:

none

Parameters:

in 'Address Code' IN_Address_Code. { Leave Blank for Default }

in integer IN_Field. { Field to Return }

Return Value:

function returns string OUT_String.

Cheers!

Sanjay

Sanjay Kumar Rajarao. ACA, MCP

http://www.sanjaykumar.us |  sanjay.rajarao@live.com 

• Deb,

Check this post where step by step procedures on how to add the fax number to a report writer report is detailed.

www.sanjaykumar.us/.../adding-fax-number-dynamics-gp-report-writer-reports

Cheers!

Sanjay

Sanjay Kumar Rajarao. ACA, MCP

http://www.sanjaykumar.us |  sanjay.rajarao@live.com