Email set up Dynamics GP2013

This question is answered

Hello,

I try to set up the email for dynamics GP2013, i use Exchange 2010(with auto discover active) , Office 2010 Std x64, in the setting i put Exchange, but i have all the time this error message :

Connection to the MAPI server not available. Unable to send e-mail or select addresses.

have you any idea ?

Thanks,

Verified Answer
  • While email functionality was not supported on Dynamics GP 2010 with a 64-bit Outlook/Office installed, only 32-bit, Dynamics GP 2013 email functionality will work with both 32 and 64 bit.

If using 32-bit Office/Outlook, the Server Type in the System Preferences window can be set to either MAPI or Exchange.

If you're using 64-bit Office/Outlook, the Server Type in the System Preferences window must be set to Exchange.

In both cases, when you have Exchange selected, when you choose to Send To, then choose Mail Recipient(Text), it will give you an Exchange window where you'll be asked for user credentials to access.

The MAPI setting will just bring up a regular Outlook email window.

A default Mail profile needs to be setup also on each machine where users are attempting to access the email functionality in Dynamics GP 2013.

Thank you

All Replies
  • Have you tried Office x86?

• AISSAM,

Did you try the advanced option where you could provide the username, email, and password?

Thanks

Rob

Rob Bernhardt [MSFT]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Hello  

Check out Jivtesh Singh's post on "Connection to the MAPI server not available in Dynamics GP" and the documentation links that it has.

From what I understand you have to use the 32 bit version of Office.

Hope this helps,

• Hello,

no, i don't try the x86, our company use office 2010 stdx64, i use also the advanced option, the same, but GP2013 is compatible with office 2010 x64.

thanks,

• AISSAM,

What is your current state?  Did you get it working?

Thanks

Rob

Rob Bernhardt [MSFT]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• not yet, the same error

• not yet

• Many of the features tied to Office in GP v2013 are supported on 64 bit but emailing is only supported on 32 bit versions of Office. If the organization has to have 64 bit Office, you may want to explore Accountable's Forms Printer product.

• hello Mike,

thanks, for your feedback, i see the Accountable's Forms Printer product, which one ?

thanks,

• Forms Printer is a single product.

You would need to download a version compatible with your version of GP. For 2013, this would be Forms Printer 12.00.105 (most recent as of today).

I would suggest testing in a development environment to make sure it offers everything needed.

• While email functionality was not supported on Dynamics GP 2010 with a 64-bit Outlook/Office installed, only 32-bit, Dynamics GP 2013 email functionality will work with both 32 and 64 bit.

If using 32-bit Office/Outlook, the Server Type in the System Preferences window can be set to either MAPI or Exchange.

If you're using 64-bit Office/Outlook, the Server Type in the System Preferences window must be set to Exchange.

In both cases, when you have Exchange selected, when you choose to Send To, then choose Mail Recipient(Text), it will give you an Exchange window where you'll be asked for user credentials to access.

The MAPI setting will just bring up a regular Outlook email window.

A default Mail profile needs to be setup also on each machine where users are attempting to access the email functionality in Dynamics GP 2013.

Thank you

• hello,

thanks Derek, it works, i configure my outlook profil on the TS, and i set up the email setting under GP 2013, it works.

thanks again.

Aissam.