Question Status

Suggested Answer
jking asked a question on 8 Aug 2013 2:53 PM

My company recently upgrade to Management Reporter after using FRx for several years. Our income statements always printed one page wide in landscape when you exporting into excel. Since upgrading it always defaults to two pages wide and no matter what i do in the settings i can't get to export to one page. Obviously is not hard to correct in excel, but it becomes an issue with larger trees that export many tabs. In FRx your heading was actually in the cells so if you made a multi-tab change to the formatting it didn't effect the header. Now that Management Report puts the heading in the worksheet header you can not modify multiple tabs at once because excel wants to make all the headers the same as well when you change the page layout. So this becomes quite annoying when i have 100+ tabs on a report and i have to change the page layout one by one. Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Thanks

Suggested Answer
Ian Grieve responded on 4 Mar 2014 11:45 PM

Check the page formatting; the default in ManRep is for Letter format with three quarter inch borders for each page.

Author of azurecurve|Ramblings of a Dynamics GP Consultant
Senior Consultant at Perfect Image Ltd

Perfect Image/ Dynamics GP
Tel: +44 (0) 843 289 2656
1 Kings Manor, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6PA, United Kingdom

Derek Wilcox responded on 12 Aug 2013 1:51 PM

Select the first tab, hold down the Shift key and click on the last tab.  Then when you change the view, such as Normal view, it changes all tabs at once.

jking responded on 12 Aug 2013 2:00 PM

I know how to use shift to select multiple tabs but it creates a problem when you change the page layout of the tabs now that the report titles are in the header as oppose to within the cells of your worksheet. If you change the page layout to multiple tab it will make all the tabs have the same header which creates more problems then it solves.

JIRONS responded on 1 Mar 2014 1:55 PM

I am having this same issue.  Did you find a solution?

Suggested Answer
Ian Grieve responded on 4 Mar 2014 11:45 PM

Check the page formatting; the default in ManRep is for Letter format with three quarter inch borders for each page.

Author of azurecurve|Ramblings of a Dynamics GP Consultant
Senior Consultant at Perfect Image Ltd

Perfect Image/ Dynamics GP
Tel: +44 (0) 843 289 2656
1 Kings Manor, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6PA, United Kingdom