Question Status

Suggested Answer
Richard Wheeler asked a question on 25 Mar 2014 1:13 PM
I was performing an FRx to MR 2012 migration and noticed all the values were wrong when comparing FRx vs MR versions. What I discovered was that this client used GL account categories(account types in FRx) to layout the reports. Is it true that reports designed this way will not migrate or at least will required a great deal of manual correction to get them to work?

Richard E. Wheeler 2013 and 2014 MVP

Member Microsoft Academic Alliance

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

Reply
Nick Gilbert responded on 25 Mar 2014 2:03 PM

Hi Richard,

You are correct in that "Account Types" used in row formats will NOT migrate over to MR 2012.  I ran into this issue during my last FRx to MR migration and ended up having to reconfigure the row format (without account types) prior to running the migration process.  Sorry to confirm the bad news.  Hope the remainder of the migration goes well.

Nick

Reply
Richard Wheeler responded on 25 Mar 2014 2:18 PM

By the way, I just noticed also that MR 2012 does not like special characters in the category descriptions. Is there a list of what characters it accepts?

Richard E. Wheeler 2013 and 2014 MVP

Member Microsoft Academic Alliance

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

Reply
Nick Gilbert responded on 25 Mar 2014 2:37 PM

Are you referring to the account category descriptions which can be selected in the "Link to Dimensions" column (column J)?  If yes, I am unaware of any character limitations as my current client uses account category descriptions with ( , () \ /) type values.

I apologize if I misinterpreted your question.

Reply
Richard Wheeler responded on 25 Mar 2014 2:43 PM

Nick, it does not appear to like the ampersand '&'

Richard E. Wheeler 2013 and 2014 MVP

Member Microsoft Academic Alliance

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

Reply
Dave Winters responded on 25 Mar 2014 2:57 PM

I have found that an & within the last few characters of the maximum defined field length acts up when passing through an xml translation because & may get expanded to & and then the code may truncate the string to the defined length before converting back, chopping off part of '&' and throwing an error.  I make a pass and substitute a '-'.

Reply
Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 26 Mar 2014 3:08 AM

Have a look on below link.

community.dynamics.com/.../120646.aspx

Hope this helps!!!

Note: Please mark it as verified, if this answer your question. Because this will helps to some others who experience the same.

Best Regards,

Somakarpagamoorthy K | Microsoft Dynamics GP Consultant | Dynamics Thoughts

Reply
Richard Wheeler responded on 26 Mar 2014 4:42 AM

I left a comment on this link as it appears that whatever this bug was it has not been fixed.

Richard E. Wheeler 2013 and 2014 MVP

Member Microsoft Academic Alliance

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

Reply
Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 26 Mar 2014 3:08 AM

Have a look on below link.

community.dynamics.com/.../120646.aspx

Hope this helps!!!

Note: Please mark it as verified, if this answer your question. Because this will helps to some others who experience the same.

Best Regards,

Somakarpagamoorthy K | Microsoft Dynamics GP Consultant | Dynamics Thoughts

Reply