Question Status

Verified
Philippe Simoes asked a question on 26 Mar 2014 7:13 AM

Hi all,

I worked on a Word Template Invoice for a while and all is fine on my computer.  

However, a collegue of mine started to work on a Word Template for the Order and when she tries to print it, we do not have the option to print the template, only the standard report.  When we use a GP client on a different computer, the option is there.

Here is more information:

• We use GP 11.00.2292
  • We installed the GP Add-in for Word on her computer
  • The report was modified in Report Writer, access to the modified report was given to the user and we used a Modified Word Template 
  • We assigned the Template to the company
  • On my computer I can chose the to print the Template version of her document (I get an error saying "...dictionary not loaded..." which is normal since I haven't imported her modified report on my client). On her computer, the Template option is just not in the list...

Did I forget to install something on her computer?

Thanks,

Philippe

Verified Answer
Philippe Simoes responded on 26 Mar 2014 10:36 AM

Found it:  Open XML SDK has to be installed as well.

www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 26 Mar 2014 7:25 AM

Is she also has access to the modified report?

Check whether the modified report is selected or not in the Alternate/Modified Forms and Reports window (Tools-->Setup-->System-->Alternate/Modified Forms and Reports) belongs to her Alternate/Modified Forms and Reports ID.

Note: Mark it as verified If my answer solved your problem. Because this will helps to some others who having the same problem.

Best Regards,

Somakarpagamoorthy K | Dynamics Thoughts

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 26 Mar 2014 7:28 AM

Also check the modified Word Template is set to as Default for the logged in company.

Note: Mark it as verified If my answer solved your problem. Because this will helps to some others who having the same problem.

Best Regards,

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 26 Mar 2014 8:11 AM

Are you installed MS Office in her machine? This is required for word template.

Best Regards,

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 26 Mar 2014 7:25 AM

Is she also has access to the modified report?

Check whether the modified report is selected or not in the Alternate/Modified Forms and Reports window (Tools-->Setup-->System-->Alternate/Modified Forms and Reports) belongs to her Alternate/Modified Forms and Reports ID.

Best Regards,

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 26 Mar 2014 7:28 AM

Also check the modified Word Template is set to as Default for the logged in company.

Best Regards,

Philippe Simoes responded on 26 Mar 2014 7:47 AM

Thanks Somakarpagamoorthy,

She does have access to the modified report and has set the template as default in the company.  The option is still not there.

Since it worked on a different computer, I was thinking that it could be something installed locally?

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 26 Mar 2014 8:11 AM

Are you installed MS Office in her machine? This is required for word template.

Best Regards,

Philippe Simoes responded on 26 Mar 2014 8:19 AM

Office 2010 is installed on her machine  (Windows 7)...

Verified Answer
Philippe Simoes responded on 26 Mar 2014 10:36 AM

Found it:  Open XML SDK has to be installed as well.

www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx