Question Status

Verified
Robert Mitchell asked a question on 26 Mar 2014 8:50 AM

Trying to create a source for a new integration, and receiving the error message "You must have write access to the directory containing the text file."  The directory (which is on another server) containing the text file has Security set to allow Write access to 'Everyone'.

Verified Answer
Robert Mitchell responded on 27 Mar 2014 10:21 AM

Turns out the issue after all was permissions to the directory containing the file.

Thanks for your help.

Verified Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 27 Mar 2014 11:04 AM

Yes. You should give writing permission to the directory which is containing the source file.

In your question, you have mentioned "The directory (which is on another server) containing the text file has Security set to allow Write access to 'Everyone'". So, I don't think about directory permission issue. Any way happy to here the issue was resolved.

Have a nice day.

Note: Please mark it as verified, if this answer your question. Because this will helps to some others who experience the same.

Best Regards,

Somakarpagamoorthy K | GP Techno-Functional Consultant | Dynamics Thoughts

Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 26 Mar 2014 9:35 AM

Try to manually modify the text file which is mapped to the Integration Manager. If this is possible, then close and reopen the IM and map the text file again then run the integration.

Note: Close the text file before mapping to Integration Manager.

Hope this helps!!!

Note: Please mark it as verified, if this answer your question. Because this will helps to some others who experience the same.

Best Regards,

Robert Mitchell responded on 26 Mar 2014 10:39 AM

I can edit the text file, but I cannot map it to IM.  I get the error message when I browse to the file and click Columns, so I can not even create the integration.

Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 27 Mar 2014 3:01 AM

You said "I get the error message when I browse to the file and click Columns".

click Columns means. Are get the same error message under Columns tab in IM source file mapping property window? If yes, how did you map the source file? Because after mapped the source file only you can check the columns in IM.

Best Regards,

Robert Mitchell responded on 27 Mar 2014 7:58 AM

I create the Source, and the Property window opens.  I browse to the text file.  Then I click the Columns tab to see the file columns, and at that point I get the error message.  So I can see the source file from IM, but I cannot open it.

Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 27 Mar 2014 8:12 AM

Did you mark the "First Row Contains Columns Name" check box in general tab under source property window?

Best Regards,

Verified Answer
Robert Mitchell responded on 27 Mar 2014 10:21 AM

Turns out the issue after all was permissions to the directory containing the file.

Thanks for your help.

Verified Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 27 Mar 2014 11:04 AM

Yes. You should give writing permission to the directory which is containing the source file.

In your question, you have mentioned "The directory (which is on another server) containing the text file has Security set to allow Write access to 'Everyone'". So, I don't think about directory permission issue. Any way happy to here the issue was resolved.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,