Question Status

Verified
Danish Viqar asked a question on 15 Jun 2014 10:14 PM

Dear Experts,

I'm facing problem in item balance in stock inquiry screen.I have run check links and reconcile both but still wrong balance showing against particular part.

Please find image for your expert advice.

Danish Viqar

Verified Answer
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 20 Jun 2014 5:46 PM

Hello Danish

I have followed through the comments on this case and would like to add up my simple comment on this. The item stock inquiry window retrieves data primarily from two sources which are:

• IV30300 Inventory Transaction History
  • IV00102 Item Balance Master

Your first assumption is that either the reconcile or the check links could get this case corrected, but in most cases, they don't. Here is how this window works:

• The balance is retrieved from the IV00102
  • The transactions in IV30300 are sorted out by date, site and then calculated from the most recent to the oldest one
  • Starting from the balance at the bottom of the screen, calculations are made
  • Therefore, in case there is any "incorrect" transaction in IV30300, the first line won't tie

In order to resolve the issue, you need to match your IV30300 with (IV10200 and IV10201). Further illustrations are provided in support Article ID: 2647425 Keep in mind, your problem is absolutely in IV30300 table, when corrected, the screen will bring back a normal balance with the first line tied up correctly.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance,

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Dynamics GP Essentials |   mahmoudsaadi.blogspot.com

Verified Answer
Danish Viqar responded on 20 Jun 2014 10:38 PM

Hi Mahmoud,

Yes  I found some findings as per your advice which are below.

I-ISEK000003         -3

I-ISEK000004         -2

I-ISEK000005         -2

I-ISEK000006         -2

I-ISEK000008         -1

Above sales invoices exist in IV30300 table but not exist in  IV10201 (Inventory Purchase Receipts Detail) table.May be because of this balance is showing wrong.

What you advice if this is a reason for incorrect balance and how we fix it.

Regards

Danish

Verified Answer
Danish Viqar responded on 21 Jun 2014 1:57 AM

Dear All,

Finally I solved the incorrect balance issue by hint provided by Mahmoud.Actually balances in IV00102 is wrongly exist in table with respect to IV30300.

First I mame movement in excel from table IV30300 and calculates balances on excel with respect to all regions and individual regions,and just update excel calculated balances in IV00102  with regionwise and overall.

Thanks all for giving interest in this issue and specially Mahmoud to gives the great tips.

Danish

Suggested Answer
Tom Mathew responded on 16 Jun 2014 1:55 AM

Have you run the check links and reconcile for purchasing module especially the receipts??

Suggested Answer
Tom Mathew responded on 16 Jun 2014 3:29 AM

Include all the purchasing tables and also the inventory tables especially the Inventory Purchase receipts and Inventory transaction

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 16 Jun 2014 3:32 AM

Danish,

Try to run CheckLinks for "Purchasing History" and "Purchasing Transactions" under the Purchasing Module and "Inventory Purchase Receipts" under the Inventory module.

Hope this helps!!!

Note: Mark it as verified If my answer solved your problem. Because this will helps to some others who having the same problem.

Best Regards,

Somakarpagamoorthy K | Dynamics Thoughts

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 17 Jun 2014 3:03 AM

DANISH,

I have checked the file which you have attached in previous post. Everything seems fine. But, couldn't figure out the cause of your issue.

Please have a look on the below Microsoft KB article and follow the resolutions.

support.microsoft.com/.../2647425

Also have a look on the below link for same thread .

community.dynamics.com/.../114624.aspx

Hope this helps!!!

Note: Mark it as verified If my answer solved your problem. Because this will helps to some others who having the same problem.

Best Regards,

Tom Mathew responded on 15 Jun 2014 10:23 PM

Have a luk at the following link as it can throw some light

community.dynamics.com/.../21664.aspx

Danish Viqar responded on 15 Jun 2014 10:40 PM

Dear Mathew,

I have check this link already but it cant help me out.you can see in picture that how balance is 25 when there is no receiving transaction.I just need a help regarding balance calculation in this screen.

Regards

Danish

Leslie Vail responded on 16 Jun 2014 12:14 AM

Hi,

Did you run both the reconcile from the Utilities area as well as the PSTL option?

Kind regards,

Leslie

Leslie Vail, CPA, MVP, MCT, MCITP, MCP, MCITS
ASCI, Inc.    *    PO Box 600965   *   Dallas, TX 75360    *   972-814-8550   *   leslievail@earthlink.net

Danish Viqar responded on 16 Jun 2014 12:27 AM

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for your advice,Actually you know that PSTL run on all items and we have around 50k items in our inventory thats why I only run reconcile on particular part using inventory module.

But if you think it will help me then I will check.

Regards

Danish

Suggested Answer
Tom Mathew responded on 16 Jun 2014 1:55 AM

Have you run the check links and reconcile for purchasing module especially the receipts??

Danish Viqar responded on 16 Jun 2014 2:52 AM

Hi Mathew,

Yes I did check links on purchasing transaction under purchase series but still same result.

I don't think there is reconcile available for receipts in purchasing module.Please tell me if there is any such thing for purchase receipts.

Thanks

Danish

Tom Mathew responded on 16 Jun 2014 3:05 AM

I meant the check links for purchasing/Inventory and reconcile the Item Inventory for the specific item.

Danish Viqar responded on 16 Jun 2014 3:11 AM

Okies.Can you please confirm weather you need to include all logical tables for purchasing and inventory series under check links or just need to include specific logical tables in check links utility.

Thanks

Natarajan SankaraNarayanan responded on 16 Jun 2014 3:13 AM

Hi Danish,

In Inventory Stock entry, it display transaction balance as entry level.

In the above case, the selected item for the site 01, It may have Qty 27 before the document date(28/05/212).

1) While selling 2 items- the Qty out as 2 & balance as 25.

2) During Inventory +ve adjustment, that item get increased by 4, so the balance is 29.

3) While selling 2 items- the Qty out as 2 & balance as 27.

Now the item balance is 27 for the Site 01 for the date 03/09/2012.

i want to know what balance do you expect? or i guess it as wrong?

Regards

Nataraj S

Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 16 Jun 2014 3:27 AM

Nataraj, I think you are misunderstanding the question. The Item stock inquiry screen is used to identify the Item stock details through out the entire system(Means there is no restriction available for receipt date. It will brings in&out details for the combination of particular Item-Site).

Best Regards,

Suggested Answer
Tom Mathew responded on 16 Jun 2014 3:29 AM

Include all the purchasing tables and also the inventory tables especially the Inventory Purchase receipts and Inventory transaction

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 16 Jun 2014 3:32 AM

Danish,

Try to run CheckLinks for "Purchasing History" and "Purchasing Transactions" under the Purchasing Module and "Inventory Purchase Receipts" under the Inventory module.

Hope this helps!!!

Best Regards,

Danish Viqar responded on 16 Jun 2014 3:33 AM

Hi Nataraj,

Actually there is not any transaction which can prove that qty is 27 before the date(28/05/2012).How it is possible that without any receiving balance become 27.

It should be -2 agter the selling 2 items on date(28/05/212)..

Danish

Danish Viqar responded on 16 Jun 2014 3:40 AM

Hi Somakarpagamoorthy ,

I have run check links as per you mention but still same results.

Now I think its time to run check links on all logical tables under purchasing and inventory.

But m surprise how Microsoft calculates balances in stock inquiry screen.

Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 16 Jun 2014 3:51 AM

Run the below query against your company database and attach the result to us.

SELECT *FROM IV30300 WHERE ITEMNMBR='Your Item Number'

Your reply is much appreciated.

Best Regards,