Batch activity table error message

This question is not answered

Hello,

I have a question about an error message that a user received earlier. It comes up with a unable to save batch activity table error when trying to add to the report. I am very new to dynamics so I don't know if this is a simple fix or something more serious. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you much 

All Replies
  • Hi TazMan1 - Which version of Dynamics GP are you seeing this error in?

• This table is SY00800 (DYNAMICS database) - there is a record in that table that is locking the batch. You probably can delete the table and run checklinks to recreate the record. Make a backup first.

• In addition to mwiley's good advice, I also recommend making sure everyone exists the system before deleting a table. My personal preference would be to simply delete the errant record using SQL, then everyone could stay on-line and no utilities would be necessary.

Kind regards,

Leslie

Leslie Vail, CPA, MVP, MCT, MCITP, MCP, MCITS
    ASCI, Inc.    *    PO Box 600965   *   Dallas, TX 75360    *   972-814-8550   *   leslievail@earthlink.net

• Hello!

It looks like mwiley and Leslie provided you with the resolution. Clearing the activity and batch tables is usually recommended per KB 850289:

850289 A batch is held in the Posting, Receiving, Busy, Marked, Locked, or Edited status in Microsoft Dynamics GP

vkbexternal.partners.extranet.microsoft.com/.../ViewContent.aspx

I will set this post to closed today.

Best regards,

Dan Moore

Customer Online Technical Community

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights