We're trying to deploy the built-in/predefined GP 2010 reports into our SQL 2005 Reporting Server.
However we keep getting the error "The deployment has exceceeded the maximum request length allowed by
the target server. Set maxRequestLength="20690" in the web.config file
and try deploying again."
We are trying to deploy the reports into a SQL Reporting server that is separate from our GP database. I'm wondering if this is the cause of the problem; is it possible to have ReportServer database separate from the GP database? Both are SQL 2005 database.
We have tried deploying the reports into a SQL Reporting server that is local with the GP database and this works... however unfortunately we would like to deploy the Report Server separately from the GP database.
Greatly appreciate your help in this,
To my knowledge, it is possible to deploy reports to a report server that is not on the same server as your company SQL instance.
In regards to the error you are receiving, you need to adjust the web.config file to change the maxRequestLength, just like the error is telling you.
If you go to ...Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\(SRS Instance)\Reporting Services\ReportServer\web.config and open it with notepad, you should see something similar to the following:
<httpRuntime executionTimeout="9000" />
Change it to (<httpRuntime executionTimeout="9000" maxRequestLength="20960"/>).
Re-run the wizard and hopefully everything will work. Let us know your results.
Hi Aaron, thanks for your reply.
The web.config file already has the maxRequestLength field in there actually:
<httpRuntime executionTimeout="90" maxRequestLength="20690" />
I changed the httpRuntime executionTimeout="9000" but it still doesn't help, even after increasing the value of maxRequestLength.
Can someone please help me on this one?
Thanks in advanced for your help,
Having <httpRuntime executionTimeout="9000" maxRequestLength="20960"/> in your web.config should resolve the issue. Please check the following.
Rob, thank you for your reply.
This works now; my mistake was modifying the web.config on the GP server instead on the target SQL Report server.
Thanks for all your help, greatly appreciate it!
Nice post.....Solved my issue too...
Thanks a lot
I have the same issue and make the changes to the web.config, but then the message changed to:
"The SQL Server Reporting Services Setup is not Valid", I have the correct Report Server and Report Manager URL, When I eliminate the MaxRequestLenght from the web.config, it begins the deployment but got the original message again (the one to include the MaxRequestLenght="20690" ). I'm going in circles here.
You do need the MaxRequestLength modification in your SRS web.config. Make sure the modification is correct, or you will likely get the "The SQL Server Reporting Services Setup is not Valid" message. I made a similar error, saw this message, and found an error in the event viewer. Essentually the xml was malformed in my case.
You are the best!!!
I faced the same issue. I changed the maxRequestLength="20960" in web.config.
But got similar error again.
I exit from GP and restarted the SSRS service. This lead me to deploy the reports without error.