Question Status

Unanswered
x asked a question on 7 Feb 2011 9:09 AM

I'm setting up new companies in GP 2010 and want to copy the chart of accounts from an existing company into the new ones. Are there any utilities I can use to do this? If not which tables need to be copied? Thanks for your help.

Sagi88_ responded on 7 Feb 2011 6:12 PM

Hi x.

You want to take a look at the Copy Company utility available through the Professional Tools Library.

Hope this helps

Shankar M responded on 8 Feb 2011 3:58 AM

Hi,

Copying chart of accounts from one company to another using Microsoft SQL Server follow the below link

mbs2.microsoft.com/.../kbdisplay.aspx

Regards,

Shan

HEIDI JENSEN responded on 8 Feb 2011 10:27 AM

There is a "copy company setup" utility in automated solutions that you can use.  You can choose which modules to copy, so you would just choose Financial.  Hope that helps!

Hetal Kapadia responded on 31 Oct 2012 5:06 PM

Heidi,

Where would i get the Copy Company Setup for GP2010? I was able to get one from Automated Solutions when we were on GP10, but i do not see any automated solutions for GP2010.

Travis Neyens responded on 6 Nov 2012 5:04 PM

Hello Hetal,

There is no Automated Solution for GP2010 for the copying of the company as there was with GP 10.  It is now available within the Professional Services Tools Library (PSTL) in GP 2010 as the Copy Company tool.

Hope this helps!

Hetal Kapadia responded on 7 Nov 2012 7:45 AM

Thank you Travis.

Leslie Vail responded on 13 Nov 2012 12:33 AM

FYI,

The Professional Services Tools library needs to be marked for installation from the Dynamics GP install media. Look for updates/service packs to the Tools as updates are released for Dynamics GP.

Kind regards,

Leslie

Leslie Vail, CPA, MVP, MCT, MCITP, MCP, MCITS
ASCI, Inc.    *    PO Box 600965   *   Dallas, TX 75360    *   972-814-8550   *   leslievail@earthlink.net