Cannot access this report because the dictionary containing it is not loaded

Cannot access this report because the dictionary containing it is not loaded

This question is not answered

Hello Guys,

I am new using Microsoft Dynamics GP10 and I can not see on my client PC some modify Reports. For example, I have a POP Purchase Order Blank Form with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Modified) and Project Accounting (Modified) that I cannot see on client PC. On Dynamic SRV I can see all report and.  

If I select the Project Accounting (Modified) Form, I receive this error on my client PC, “Cannot access this report because the dictionary containing it is not loaded”

What do you think?

All Replies
  • You need to go to Setup->System->Edit Launch File and highlight MS Dynamics GP and look at the bottom line. This shows you where the report file is located. YOu need to have your workstation point to the same location as the server.

Richard E. Wheeler 2013 and 2014 MVP

Member Microsoft Academic Alliance

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

• To add to Richard's suggestion, also make sure the client you are at has the Project Accounting module installed.   That could cause the error as well.

Dan Liebl, CMA CPIM | Senior Consultant | OTT,Inc | DLiebl@OTT-inc.com

• Good catch Dan, might I also add that you need to make sure you highlight Project Accounting and make sure that reports dictionary is also pointing to the same one as one the server. This module has it own forms and reports dictionaries.

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

• Richard & Dan, Thank for the help,

I found that Dictionary Locations point to Client PC not the SRV, so I try to changed to the SRV, but nothing happen. I decided to write the Dynamics.SET file to point to the SRV.

Now is workign, but when the user login to any Company, I receive this error - "A get/change first operation error..." The same issue as this case, community.dynamics.com/.../46952.aspx

Good replay, but how I do the script?

• First, whenever you change the launch file settings in GP you need to exit GP and come back in. It will reluach with the new settings.

Second, try running the GRANT.SQL script against your company database. You appear to have a permissions problem. YOu will find this in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Util folder on your server.