System Message 10232 Assetion Failure Line 1110

This question is answered

We receive a system message 10232 Assertion Failure! File: sqlapi.cpp Line: 1110 Expression: (*pcursor > 0) AND (*pcursor <= MAXCURSORS). Hit OK to stop program, and report the error to Microsoft Support, noting the failed expression, file name and line number.

This is on Dynamics SL 7.0 SP 3. All workstations are affected, as well as the server.

This is received on a return receipt PO transaction on screen 04.010.00.

There are no customizations on the screen. Error is received even in standard mode. I have looked in SQL at the custom tables and there is no reference to an auto save customization.

Can anyone provide any insight as to what else may be the issue?

Thank you

Verified Answer
  • Hi Deb,

The message indicates that the original receipt cost layer does not exist in inventory - the quantity might exist but, for other receipt layers.  The needed receipt layer might have been sold, then returned to stock then re-sold before this return batch could be released.

See if you can find that specific cost layer.  I assume this item uses FIFO. You can look in the Inventory Status Inquiry screen for the inventory id.  Then click on Transaction Detail.  In that screen select the Journal Type of Purchasing.  Find the item with the Receipt Date and Receipt Number that you are trying to return.  If you can't find it, you can recreate it in the Inventory Adjustments screen.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Carolyn

Technical Support Engineer

**This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

All Replies
  • Hi Deb,

Did you look at the event log?  There should be a system message in the event log.  For instance, we usually see System Message 904: Insufficient quantity available, please reenter.

I'll wait to hear from you as to the contents of the event log.

Carolyn

• Yes. It indicates the following:

System Message 17325: Error in batch 029686 - cost layer not found. The batch will not be released.

I have been advised that the costs were adjusted accordingly.

• Hi Deb,

The message indicates that the original receipt cost layer does not exist in inventory - the quantity might exist but, for other receipt layers.  The needed receipt layer might have been sold, then returned to stock then re-sold before this return batch could be released.

See if you can find that specific cost layer.  I assume this item uses FIFO. You can look in the Inventory Status Inquiry screen for the inventory id.  Then click on Transaction Detail.  In that screen select the Journal Type of Purchasing.  Find the item with the Receipt Date and Receipt Number that you are trying to return.  If you can't find it, you can recreate it in the Inventory Adjustments screen.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Carolyn

• Do you have a screen Back up ? since when this happend?