Another process has already added the Detail item. The system will automatically Cancel your changes.

Another process has already added the Detail item. The system will automatically Cancel your changes.

This question has suggested answer(s)

Screen: 04.250.00 (Purchase Order)

System Message 6908:

Scenario:

In  a Purchase Order there are already details and I want to add a new detail then I get the system message 6908.
I cannot add anything. I found a workaround by deleting all the purchase order details, save the PO then add everything again. But this workaround is difficult if there are more than 10 records per PO.

Any help please.

All Replies
  • Hello ZaiZai,

Could you please mention the version SL that you are getting this error?

If you are using Solomon 5.0 version, please go through the below knowledge Base article.

support.microsoft.com/.../877219

Thanks,

Perumalsamy

• Thanks Perumalsamy!

Version: MSDYnamics SL FP1

• Hello ZaiZai,

Is Purchase Order screen (04.250.00) customized in your environment?

As I have tried to add the Po line in existing Purchase Order in Dynamics SL 2011 Fp1 environment. It does not show any error in my environment.It seems working fine in my environment.

If Purchase order screen is customized, please look into the customization VBA code to fix the issue.

Thanks,

Perumalsamy R

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights

• The screen is customized but  only with additional columns and hiding other fields. There are not customization as to uniqueness of records or such that will cause this error. This screen even with the customization has been working for so long and just got this message now.

• I found out the error by doing a profiler.

Triggered by unique key violation for PurchOrddet0 index key.

The new line is inserted with an assigned lineref (example 20) but lineref 20 already exist.

I think this was also cause by a bulk insert in the table using another tool created by the developers.

• Hi ZaiZai,

Thanks for the information. I want to know that is there any Trigger functions during the PurOrdDet table insertion.

Thanks,

Perumalsamy.R

• Hi Perumalsamy,

There is no trigger function during insertion but a violation of inserting a record that already exist through the index key PurchOrddet0 (ponbr, linenbr).

Luanne

• Hi ZaiZai,

Thanks again!

Now the issue has been resolved right.

Thanks,

Perumalsamy.R