Question Status

Unanswered
LindsB asked a question on 5 Mar 2014 10:16 AM

Does anyone know of a reverse for closing a statement cycle? I had my date changed and the wrong date was applied and now I cannot go back and correct it since it was a future date. Statements and aging are both wrong now...

Rick Kerns responded on 6 Mar 2014 1:51 PM

You have found the one situation where there is no real ability to reverse an incorrect statement cycle close.  the problem is that the close statement cycle sets the balance forward amount (assuming you use a balance forward presentation on statements) and there is no way to get back once that is set because it is not kept on a historical basis.  Each statement cycle close updates the same field in the same table for the customer.

having said that, there is a manual way to handle this situation but you have to have the prior statements so that you can hand edit in the ending balance on those statements.  You also have to being comfortable running some SQL queries.  I have actual fixed this for more than one client so I can provide more details if you are interested but it is not for the feign of heart.

LindsB responded on 6 Mar 2014 5:00 PM

I actually found a website that gave a solution through SQL... support.microsoft.com/.../846327 and it seems to be working. Thank you!!!

Rick Kerns responded on 6 Mar 2014 5:58 PM

to the best of my knowledge, that set of queries will leave one issue if you use a balance forward statement presentation.  The next statements you print will all have a zero beginning balance because the query takes any document with a non-zero balance and makes it look like it has never been on a statement.  The ending balance on the statements will be correct but you will loose the continuity from the last statement to the new statement (e.g., the ending balance on the last statement should be the beginning balance on the new statement.  If that is acceptable then those queries will accomplish the basic goal.

LindsB responded on 7 Mar 2014 9:10 AM

We use a transnational statement which only shows what is currently outstanding, so far it seemed to have fix everything.

Rick Kerns responded on 7 Mar 2014 9:23 AM

No problem.  I just wanted to make sure you understood the limitation of that solution.  Since you are using a open item style statement, you are correct in that it will work as published.

Karen Kohls responded on 19 Mar 2014 6:11 AM

Hi Rick,

I have a similar situation, when I applied the finance charges the date was supposed to be 03/15/14 and I entered 03/15/15. I want to see if the following solution will work:

1. Do a small balance write off for the finance charges applied for 03/15/15

2. In the AR Module under Statement Cycle (08.280.00) change the following:

*Last Aging Date to 02/15/14

*Last Statement Date to 02/15/14

*Last Finance Charge to 02/15/14

3. Apply Finance Charges 03/15/14 and Close Statement Cycle

Do you think this would be a solution? I look forward to hearing from you!