Question Status

Unanswered
Janet Heeke asked a question on 6 Dec 2012 1:22 PM

We recently upgraded to SL 2011.  In the bank reconciliation, a voided check is represented by 2 entries.  For example, the original check is -200.00 and the entry to void the check is listed as +200.00.  Before upgrading, I would simply check the cleared box next to both of these entries to remove these items from the outstanding check and deposit lists.  Since the upgrade, when I attempt to check the cleared box, the system returns a message that says "voided checks cannot be cleared".   How do I now get these items cleared and off my outstanding lists?

Carolyn Kolpien responded on 10 Dec 2012 7:39 AM

Hi Janet,

Are you using the Bank Reconciliation module?  Also, I assume you are using SL 2011 SP1.  Is that correct?

If so, there are a couple of bugs that you will want to apply hot-fixes to correct.  You will need to apply the hot-fixes in KB articles 2656101 and 2790322.  

KB article 2656101 address bug 24005 which reports the issue that the check and void check don't fall off the screen.  The fix is for the GL Closing screen.  The next time you close the BR module, the items will not appear on the BR screen.

KB article 2790322 address bug 25005.  This reports that those checks don't get removed from the outstanding checks total.  This hot-fix will correct that issue.

Please let me know if the hot-fixes correct this issue.

Carolyn

Technical Support Engineer

**This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

Carolyn Kolpien responded on 19 Dec 2012 6:06 AM

Hi Janet,

Did the recommendations above resolve the issue for you?

Carolyn

Janet Heeke responded on 19 Dec 2012 9:21 AM

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for checking back.

Yes,I am using the Bank Reconciliation module, and yes, we are using SL 2011 SP1.  

We haven't applied the hot fixes yet.  I won't be working in the bank rec module again until after Jan 1. I thought it might be best to apply the hot fixes at that time so there would be some continuity in applying the fixes and then going right into a bank reconciliation.  What do you think?

Janet

Carolyn Kolpien responded on 19 Dec 2012 9:36 AM

Hi Janet,

That sounds fine - it's really up to you.  Just let me know if you need help at the time you apply the hot-fixes.

Carolyn

Janet Heeke responded on 17 Feb 2013 7:40 AM

Hi Carolyn,

We applied both hot fixes but now I'm having a new problem....

A check voided in a period subsequent to the period that it was written should stay in the outstanding check list until the period that it is voided.  In our case it is not and it creates a GL difference in our bank reconciliation.  

For example, a check was written in period 7 and was voided in period 8.  The check is not on the outstanding check list for period 7 and the amount of the check appears as a GL difference in the period 7 bank reconciliation.

Any ideas?  Thanks again!

Janet

Carolyn Kolpien responded on 18 Feb 2013 7:27 AM

Hi Janet,

Unfortunately, it is another bug - number 25063.  We needed to correct a stored procedure which I have pasted in below.  Execute it against your application database.  It won't correct the issue you are seeing this this period but should prevent it going forward.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience.  

alter Procedure BR_BRTran_DeleteVoidAPChks  

@CpnyId char(10),  

@AcctID char(10),  

@BegPer char(6),  

@EndPer char(6)  

AS  

DELETE BRTran from BRTran  

inner join (SELECT BRTran.MainKey, apdoc.perclosed from BRTran  

JOIN APDoc ON APDoc.BatNbr = BRTran.OrigBatNbr AND APDoc.RefNbr = BRTran.OrigRefNbr AND APDoc.Status = 'V' AND APDoc.Rlsed = 1)

x on  BRTran.MainKey =x.MainKey

Where BRTran.CpnyId = @CpnyId and BRTran.AcctID = @AcctID and BRTran.CurrPerNbr BETWEEN @BegPer AND @EndPer  

and CurrPerNbr>=x.perclosed

Let's see how it looks next period.  

Carolyn

Janet Heeke responded on 5 Mar 2013 8:17 AM

Hi Carolyn,

My IT department executed the fix and this is the message I received back from them:

When I debut the query against the NAVCApp SL database I get the following errors:

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 2

Incorrect syntax near ' '.

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 8

Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 9

Janet

Carolyn Kolpien responded on 5 Mar 2013 8:49 AM

Hi Janet,

I copied the statement from this forum posting to SQL Server Management studio and it ran without errors.  Is this script the only text in the query window?  

Maybe copy and paste the script into Notepad first to make sure it looks exactly like what I sent you.  The only character with a single quote around it is a V.  

Or you can copy into this posting exactly what you have in the query window and I'll see if I can see anything wrong.

Carolyn

Janet Heeke responded on 5 Mar 2013 11:25 AM

Hi Carolyn,

Here's what my IT dept said:

"Can you please send the .sql query via email.  We are still having the same error when we copy from the forum into Notepad and then run the query."

Janet

Carolyn Kolpien responded on 5 Mar 2013 11:27 AM

Hi Janet,

The forums don't support email responses.  You would need to open a support case with us.  There would be no charge to you since it relates to a bug.

Have you submitted support requests in the past?

Carolyn

Janet Heeke responded on 5 Mar 2013 11:32 AM

Carolyn,

Yes, I have previously submitted support requests.  Do you have any special suggestions for doing so as it relates to this situation?

Janet

Carolyn Kolpien responded on 5 Mar 2013 11:43 AM

Hi Janet,

Yes - just put in the description of the issue that you are trying to apply the workaround for bug 25063.  You would like the workaround script send in a file attached to an email.

Let me know if you have problems submitting a case.

Carolyn

Laura responded on 29 Aug 2013 1:27 PM

We are testing a SL 2011FP1 (8.10.30917.00) upgrade and cannot clear void checks and the corresponding reversal in Bank Reconciliation. We get a System Message 12323 Voided Checks cannot be cleared.

This is different than version 7.  So do the checks just 'fall' off the bank reconciliation when the month is closed? I have applied the Hotfix for Bug 25063 and thought it would update the bank reconciliation screen, but it did not.  It holds the check as an Outstanding Check and the void as a Deposit in Transit.

Carolyn Kolpien responded on 10 Sep 2013 6:01 AM

Hi Laura,

After your bank reconciliation dates move beyond the date of the check and void check, they will no longer appear on the reconciliation.

Carolyn

TS hendra Rayendra responded on 19 Sep 2013 12:29 AM

In SL 2011 FP1 we got error when deleting Void Check Entry (03.040.00)

---------------------------

Programming Bulletproof Error 10089

Warning - message displayed during a database transaction. Attempting to display:

System Message 6508

Released transactions cannot be deleted.

OK  

Please help us how to resolve this issue

Thanks.

Hendra