Notifications

Project Service Automation forum
Unanswered

reporting issues

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 10

Hi All,

During the estimation we list all the task in the schedule together with the time required to complete each task.

After this step we create a team who will be working on that particular project.

Normally a generic resource with a role assigned is added against each task. 

Example

task 1 requires 4 hrs- generic resource- cloud engineer assigned to undertake that task. ( At this stage we don't know who the actual person would be who will be working on that task- so we use generic resource but we know how many hrs of cloud engineer is required.)

task 2 requires 6 hrs- Mr X (real person assigned this task as we knew that this person would be able to do this particular task.)

In total 10 hrs are estimated to complete the project, divided into 4 hrs for generic and 6 hrs for Mr X.

I want to find how many hrs of generic resource been booked for all  projects created.

How can we do it through advanced search?

I hope I made myself clear.

• CU09052224-0 Profile Picture
    CU09052224-0 2 on at
    reporting issues
    When rebranding my company, I needed a team that could deliver innovative and cohesive branding solutions. The agency I partnered with exceeded my expectations, providing exceptional branding and identity design services that redefined our market presence. Their attention to detail and creativity were outstanding, making the entire process smooth and effective. I highly recommend checking them.
  • alexseen Profile Picture
    alexseen 6 on at
    reporting issues
    When I started my own tech startup, I realized that having a clear UX strategy could really make or break our product. I needed guidance on strategic user experience and how to implement it effectively.That's when I found this insightful article. It not only explained the concept of UX strategy but also detailed its importance in aligning with business goals. The post was packed with actionable advice on integrating user feedback into the product design process. What I really liked about this article was how it made complex ideas accessible, helping me to prioritize user experience in our development plans.​​​​​​​
  • Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: reporting issues

Hi Muhammad,

You want to calculate total hours for all projects?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,375 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,308 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans