Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM forum
Unanswered

Exchange Server-Side Sync: CRM On-Premises with Exchange Online

Posted on by 60

We're looking to configure a hybrid solution with CRM On-Prem and Office 365 / Exchange Online; this article clearly states that it's not a supported configuration: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn531050.aspx

However, I thought I saw a presentation on the Spring Wave that said this was going to be available with the CRM 2016 Spring Wave; and lo and behold, there it is in writing:

"Server-side Synchronization

Stay productive and up to date no matter where you are or what device you’re on. With server-side synchronization, administrators can easily manage the synchronization of email, tasks, appointments and contacts between CRM and Exchange. With this release, you can connect CRM on-premises with Microsoft Exchange Online. You can also manually track emails by using CRM App for Outlook, folder tracking, or CRM for Outlook."

-- the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Spring 2016 Wave Release Preview Guide

So, my question is, will this actually be available in the Spring Wave release for CRM On-Prem?  I thought the Spring Wave release was just for CRM Online.  Could it be that there will also be a Service Pack for CRM On-Prem customers that will make it available to them?

• JDMCRM Profile Picture
    JDMCRM 1,795 on at
    RE: Exchange Server-Side Sync: CRM On-Premises with Exchange Online

I'm interested to gain some clarification on this. The original link now seems to be updated to show CRM On-Premise and Exchange Online is supported.

However, does this required Update 1? The article header seems to say Dynamics CRM 2016

• Taglia Profile Picture
    Taglia on at
    RE: Exchange Server-Side Sync: CRM On-Premises with Exchange Online

I was looking for the same information and I found the article below, I think it will be available in service pack 1.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/crm-customer-center/crm-2016-online-vs-on-premises-features-faq.aspx

Email integration

Hybrid server-side synchronization (connect CRM on-premises to Exchange Online)

CRM on-premises only

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans