Skip to main content

Notifications

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

PO approval stream bypassing approving manager

Posted on by 28
Hi, we have a user who can only raise PO's. These then should go to their manager for approval. For a period she acted in the role as manager but this has since ended however since going back to her substantive role whenever she raises a PO it thinks she still has DFA and so is bypassing her manager and sending the approval one up to our workflow pool. 
The user has no Purchase Amount Approval Limit on their profile anymore and the role they had which gave them the delegation has an end date on which is correct as it is in the past.
Where else could the system be thinking she still has this delegation and so pushing her PO's up for approval?

When I look at the approval on a PO that they are raising I can see that it is using the approval stream above what it should be.

• Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 69,255 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    For third-party programs, you can only contact your partners.
    If you ask them to debug, they should be able to find the problem quickly.

Thanks
    ZHU

• Sacha E Profile Picture
    Sacha E 28 on at
    Thanks Jun. Capgemini was going to be my next port of call. It's just very odd as we have lots of people acting for periods of time and reverting back to their old roles and this issue has never happened with them. I will update if I find the resolution.
  • Suggested answer
    Jun Wang Profile Picture
    Jun Wang 7,072 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    I would suggest you to reach out to the 3rd party support team for this one. Or you could check if the company has a knowledge base for reference. 
    Sacha E 28 on at
    We do have a Role Based Control Extension.
  • Jun Wang Profile Picture
    The screenshot seems not like a native BC page so I'm not familiar. Are you using an extension/add-on for workflows? 
    Sacha E 28 on at
    The delegation approval came from the APPR 500 line: which has an end date of 26/05/2024.
    The user has no $ amount under Purchase Amount Approval Limit on the User Setup and when I look at the User Group APPR 500 they are not a member of this group so it can't be picking up from here.
    However when she is raising PO's it is definitely thinking she has this delegation as on any new PO's she raises it is showing the Requester Level as APPR 500 so pushing her approvals up.
    I have checked all the obvious places that the approval could be coming from. I have checked the users profile for anything lingering as suggested by Khushbu and can't see anything.
  • Suggested answer
    Jun Wang Profile Picture
    what is the type of approval was the workflow set up using? Is it direct approver or anther form? Could you share a screenshot showing that the user is set up as a delegate approver with the ending date? 
  • Khushbu Rajvi. Profile Picture
    Khushbu Rajvi. 1,545 on at
    PO approval stream bypassing manager
    The issue likely stems from lingering approval delegations or workflow configurations. Check the user’s roles for any unremoved permissions and review the approval workflow settings to ensure they reflect her current status without any outdated links to her previous role.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,462 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,366 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates