Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Add CC field in send email in Business Central

Posted on by 40

Hello Expert,

I have created a new SMTP CodeUnit to use send email function to send document to customer. 

I have also tried the standard Send email option but there I have to enter CC or BC manually but customer wants to make it automatically.

I want to Add CC field when sending email and also want to send attachment. Thru SMTP I could send attachment but not able to add CC or BCC in code.

Could you please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Amy

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    BCgs Profile Picture
    BCgs 468 on at
    RE: Add CC field in send email in Business Central

So what you would need to do is on the rule on the sent mail add something like “subject contains” as I have done it on invoices like this.

Forward if Subject Contains

“Company Name - Invoice”

And then we forward all of our invoices to a mailbox so our B2B website can link them. So the mailbox just forwards the invoices across.

I assume the sales documents you need must carry a different title on the email message?

If you do find another way I’d be interested to know as I was having a similar issue

• Amy2020 Profile Picture
    Amy2020 40 on at

Thanks for your suggestions however customer wants to add BCC only for sales documents.

• Suggested answer
    BCgs Profile Picture
    BCgs 468 on at

The only workaround i have come up with is.

Create a new licensed office 365 account and log in as the user on Business Central

Set up a rule to forward all mail to another new mailbox in the organisation (as you cant forward outside the organisation)

Then from this account set up Outlook rules.

...So you need to look to outlook for a solution as BCC/CCs don’t seem to be possible at the moment. You’ll see the sent mail going out of the connected mailbox

You can access this section on BC adding page=2128 To the url but it’s all greyed out. So possibly something they will add in the future?

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,532 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,501 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates