Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Supply Chain Management forum
Suggested answer

PO Receiving through WMS mobile device

Posted on by 65

I am very new to advanced warehousing in D365 F&O and i am currently setting up mobile PO receiving. The setup is pretty straight forward but I am running into an issue understanding how a process would be handled via the mobile device. 

I have the system configured to print the labels once the Receiving pick work has been completed but I wanted to find out if there is a way for D365 to print PO labels before the work even gets generated for receiving. For example I would like for a way for D365 to print out just the bar codes for the incoming PO and the item numbers that are on that PO so that the warehouse workers do not need to manually enter in the PO-number and item number to receive it in to the system. 

Is this even a possibility in D365 or is the standard process to enter in the PO-number and item number manually at receiving to register the quantity for the PO? Any help on this would be great. 

Thanks, 

• Suggested answer
    Scott Gaines Profile Picture
    Scott Gaines 1,943 on at
    RE: PO Receiving through WMS mobile device

Take a look at ASN file processing. This would allow you to associate a barcode with a PO item and quantity. It’s not exactly what you’re asking for but might get you close. 

• Nakib Momin Profile Picture
    Nakib Momin 65 on at
    PO Receiving through WMS mobile device

I am very new to advanced warehousing in D365 F&O and i am currently setting up mobile PO receiving. The setup is pretty straight forward but I am running into an issue understanding how a process would be handled via the mobile device. 

I have the system configured to print the labels once the Receiving pick work has been completed but I wanted to find out if there is a way for D365 to print PO labels before the work even gets generated for receiving. For example I would like for a way for D365 to print out just the bar codes for the incoming PO and the item numbers that are on that PO so that the warehouse workers do not need to manually enter in the PO-number and item number to receive it in to the system. 

Is this even a possibility in D365 or is the standard process to enter in the PO-number and item number manually at receiving to register the quantity for the PO? Any help on this would be great. 

Thanks, 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans