Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Supply Chain Management forum
Suggested answer

Generate inspection orders

Posted on by 4
Hello everyone,

I'm working on the functionality /Generate inspection orders/.
After all the required configurations are done, the system just create one quality order even there are more batch numbers under a expired /shelf advice date/.

Somebody have been in the same situation? I'll really appreciatte any help if so.

Thanks in advance!
  • ColbyGallagher Profile Picture
    ColbyGallagher 3,664 on at
    Oh, and on your sampling plan, tick the "per updated quantity"
    Yeah that doesnt make sense.  I should have asked before, can you share the setup of your batch disposition master, and advise how these batches are getting set to disposition "CUARENTENA"?
  • Generate inspection orders
    Hi Colby,

Totally agree, however when I run the process I get an order for the batch ending in 1513

Hi Judith, it looks to me like the only batch you would get an inspection order for on the 28th would be the batch ending in 1514.   If you ran the job on the 27th, I would only expect to see an inspection order for the batch ending in 1516.  
  • Generate inspection orders
    Hi Colby,

Thanks for you quick reply.

The Item Sampling on the quality association included Warehouse and Batch. I have included Inventory Status and Location but still giving the same results (just one quality order generated). You can check the current configuration bellow:

As for the inventory dates I think they meet the requirements, but I'm attaching a screenshot just in case:

Thanks for your help!

• Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    You can verify that the configuration settings for the Generate Inspection Order feature are correct. Check any parameters or options that control the creation of quality inspection orders to see the conditions used to select lot numbers for the inspection order. If there is a condition that limits the selection to only one batch, adjust the condition to include all relevant batches.
    In addition, relevant examples are provided in the documentation. For example: in purchasing, if you set the Event type field to Product receipt and the Execution field to After on the Quality associations page, you get the following results:
    If the Per updated quantity option is set to Yes, a quality order is generated for every receipt against the purchase order, based on the received quantity and settings in the item sampling. Every time that a quantity is received against the purchase order, new quality orders are generated based on the newly received quantity.
    If the Per updated quantity option is set to No, a quality order is generated for the first receipt against the purchase order, based on the received quantity. Additionally, one or more quality orders are created based on the remaining quantity, depending on the tracking dimensions. Quality orders aren't generated for subsequent receipts against the purchase order.
    For more details on quality orders, you can view the links below:
    Quality associations - Supply Chain Management | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Learn
    Best Regards,
    Hana
  • Suggested answer
    ColbyGallagher Profile Picture
    Hi Judith, 
      Generate Inspection orders can be frustrating to get working, but it does work.  Can you confirm what your Item Sampling is on the quality association?  It should include Warehouse, Inventory Status, Location and Batch.    Also, your inventory must be past the shelf advice date, but before the expiry date on the batch in order for the quality order / inspection order to get generated.  

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans