Skip to main content

Notifications

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

How can I add Gen. Bus. Posting Group in Transfer Order?

editSubscribe (2) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 36
Hello,

Is there a way to add Gen. Bus. Posting Group in Transfer Order without development?

There is no blank combination /Gen. Bus. Posting Group/ and/or /Gen. Prod. Posting Group/ in General Posting Setup in the company. Both groups have values.
An error message like /The General Posting Setup does not exist. Identification fields and values: Gen. Bus. Posting Group='',Gen. Prod. Posting Group='RETAIL'/ always comes out whenever using Transfer Order.
Item Reclassification Journal is successfully posted because end users can add Gen. Bus. Posting Group in journal lines. But the journal can do only direct transfer.

I would like to know if there is a way to add Gen. Bus. Posting Group in Transfer Order Header or Line.

Thank you.
  • yossy55 Profile Picture
    yossy55 36 on at
    Thank you for your replies.

I got understand ""Blank" Gen. Bus. Posting Group" is must for transactions with no Customer/Vendor, like Production Journal, Transfer Order, etc. 
    I will make a combination of blank in "Gen. Bus. Posting Group" and some value in "Gen. Prod. Posting Group" in General Posting Setup.

PS. I cannot check "Make reply a suggested answer". It's endress loading... So I couldn't select answers.
  • Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 60,818 Super User on at
    Hi, just adding some examples, hope it gives you some reference.
    W1
    US

Thanks.
    ZHU
  • Suggested answer
    Jun Wang Profile Picture
    Jun Wang 4,020 Super User on at
    Valentin is spot on pointing out this is very likely caused by the incomplete setup on two of your posting setup per below. another spot to check is the inventory posting setup. The blank gen bus. posting group is necessary is because some transactions doesn't involve a customer or a vendor which has the gen posting group assigned. One example would be production order, which only carries gen prod. posting group but no gen bus. posting group. 

If you are missing the accounts, fill them out with help from the finance team if needed, and you won't get the error. 

• Suggested answer
    Valentin Castravet Profile Picture
    Valentin Castravet 4,483 Super User on at
    Your setup in the General Posting Setup Page is not complete. You have to create entries in there for a combination of a blank Gen. Bus. Posting Group and a Gen. Prod. Posting Group. These entries with a blank Gen. Bus. Posting Group are specifically for scenarios where you transfer items, use other item journals, etc.

The Gen. Bus. Posting Group is assigned to vendors or customers so there is a reason there is no Gen. Bus. Posting Group in a Transfer Order, as a transfer order doesn't have a vendor or a customer. Its an internal movement.

The solution is to simply complete the setup in the General Posting Setup Page, create entries for all combinations of a blank Gen. Bus. Posting Group and all your Gen. Prod. Posting Group, and do not customize the system to add the Gen. Bus. Posting Group field to the Transfer Order. I would also avoid populating the Gen. Bus. Posting Group in other item journals such as the Item Reclassification Journal as its not technically correct. 

For example, here is the General Posting Setup Page in a Cronus company showing entries with a blank Gen. Bus. Posting Group:

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Take the Community feedback survey!

Answer this brief 15-question survey about your Community experience…

Demystifying Copilot: Service Edition with Sundar Raghavan

Sundar answers more questions about Copilot for Service...

Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Finance and SCM

Take a look at the key differences between Business Central and…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,375 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,308 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,140

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans