Skip to main content
Dynamics 365 general forum
Answered

Phone Call form when creating Quick Campaign in UI

editSubscribe (0) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 5

When using the old interface to create a quick campaign phone call activity from a marketing list, I would get our standard phone call form with our custom fields.  When using the Unified Interface, I get a generic form without my custom phone call fields.

pastedimage1597850559556v1.png

Is this form editable?  If so, what is its name and under which entity can I find it?

Thanks,

Joe

• Sheheryar39 Profile Picture
    Sheheryar39 5 on at
    RE: Phone Call form when creating Quick Campaign in UI

Hello,

Did they provided a fix for this?

• Joe_T Profile Picture
    Joe_T 5 on at

No fix on this issue yet.  I have been getting weekly emails on my support case which I appreciate.  The latest said this:  

"The engineering team are still working on your issue and there is no ETA now. I will keep you posted. Thanks for your patience."

So hopefully they are working on this.

• Nathan Profile Picture
    Nathan 150 on at

I have this same issue. Any response to it so far? If not, can a person vote on this support case to push it higher on Microsoft's radar of things to fix?

• Joe_T Profile Picture
    Joe_T 5 on at

I create a support case with Microsoft on this issue.  This was their reply:

"This is one of the feature gaps between Unified Interface and legacy web client. Showing customized form on UCI quick campaign wizard is currently not supported. Currently, the behavior seen is by design.

Rest assured, the product team is aware of this issue. However, they do not have an ETA on when this will be addressed."

So I guess I'll just deal with it for now and hope they address it relatively soon.

Thanks.

• Joe_T Profile Picture
    Joe_T 5 on at

Hi Henry,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have created a case and await a reply from Microsoft Support.  I'll post the result here.

Thanks,

Joe

• Verified answer
    Henry J. Profile Picture
    Henry J. 5,235 on at

Hello Joe -

I see you didn't get a reply so I wanted to check with you if you had raised that parity gap to the support team here:
    https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support

Thank you
    henry

• Joe_T Profile Picture
    Joe_T 5 on at

Hi Roma,

Thanks for the reply.  The problem is that I don't know what form is being displayed.  And I don't see a Quick Create form under Campaign.  I don't think I explained the issue well enough so I will try again:

When creating a phone call quick campaign from a marketing list in the classic web interface, I would get this phone call form as part of the wizard:

pastedimage1598363259693v1.png

You'll notice towards the bottom there are custom fields called URL Note and URL as well as a notes field to the right.  This is the 'Phone Call' form under the 'Phone Call' entity.  This is the same form that appears when viewing phone calls or creating a new phone call record.

In the Unified Interface, when I go to a marketing list and create a new phone call quick campaign, the wizard presents this form:

pastedimage1598363951414v2.png

You'll notice that this is a generic phone call form without my custom fields.  The 'Phone Call' form under the 'Phone Call' entity is available in the Unified Interface.  It appears when viewing or creating a new phone call record.  However it does not appear in the quick campaign wizard that is opened from a marketing list.  I'd like to know how to edit or replace the phone call form that appears in this wizard in the Unified Interface.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Joe

• Roma Gupta Profile Picture
    Roma Gupta 725 on at

Hi Joe

Could you check which Form is being called? Is the form correct one with your custom fields?

Yes you could edit it. On the new UI, go to Advanced settings > Customization > Campaign > Forms >

(You will see quick create form here with description)

Regards

Roma

Helpful resources

Quick Links

What Motivates a Super User?

We know many of you visit the Dynamics 365 Community and Power Platform…

Demystifying Copilot with Georg Glantschnig…

Industry experts answer burning questions directly from our amazing Community…

Setting Up Knowledge Sources for Copilot…

Look at how configuring a comprehensive knowledge base is crucial…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,066 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 222,585 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,138

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans