Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Commerce forum / Customer Specific Cata...
Commerce forum
Suggested answer

Customer Specific Catalog Feature

Posted on by 39

Consider this scenario:

A company has 2 stores in a City, one of the store is located in a Neighborhood where the customer demographic has much more average income then a the other one. Both the Stores are on-boarded as business partners, where they can order their stock. Since we can detect the organization of users who is placing the stock order. The company wants to have a feature where they want to show "Premium products" to the business partner who is coming from the store which is located in a "Richer Neighbor hood". In simpler words the company wants to have "Customer (Partner in This case) Specific Catalog". When a Specific Customer/Partner signs in to the website they can detect their company and show them a specific sets of products.

Does this kind of feature exists in B2B Commerce for Dynamics 365 Commerce, or not?

Any kind of help will be appreciated, or if this question is confusing, let me know, i can explain.

Thank you.

Categories:
  • Jan Meijering Profile Picture
    Jan Meijering 70 on at
    RE: Customer Specific Catalog Feature

I have had contact with support and they confirmed that the functionality has been delayed. In 10.0.24 you can see the catalogs being added to the customer hierarchy but I could not get it to work.

I asked for documentation and they provided this URL  docs.microsoft.com/.../support-catalogs-e-commerce-channel

It should have become in preview in January but it got delayed untill later in February.

• Suggested answer
    P Jackson Profile Picture
    P Jackson 1,560 on at

It's mentioned in the Commerce section of this page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365-release-plan/2022wave1/#commerce 

• N_peter Profile Picture
    N_peter 75 on at

Was there any follow up regarding the support ticket suggested? I am still unable to find the much anticipated feature of customer specific catalogs. I was almost positive it was included in 2022 release wave 1 but I don't see it listed as of today.

• Saqlain Profile Picture
    Saqlain 39 on at

That is a good suggestion.

• P Jackson Profile Picture
    P Jackson 1,560 on at

That's definitely new in 10.0.22, but from the description of the Feature [This feature enables multiple catalogue contexts on channels and channel navigation hierarchies based on the active channel catalogue context] I'm not sure if it's linked to the expected Feature or not. Probably worth you logging a support ticket with Microsoft and asking them to explain.

Saqlain 39 on at

The version i have 10.0.22 (its the latest one - i guess) & The feature is under "Feature Management".

pastedimage1638356108566v1.png

P Jackson 1,560 on at

I'm not familiar with that parameter or Feature. Where do you see this and what version are you on?

Saqlain 39 on at

We do have a setting called "Enable Use of Multiple Catalogs on retail Channels" in F&O Right now. But can't get any more info on that. Do you have any?

P Jackson 1,560 on at

Customer assortments/catalogues - Support for catalogs in e-commerce channel | Microsoft Docs - Potentially moved to next Release Wave 2022Wave1

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans