Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics SL forum
Answered

Time Card correction for pay rate

Posted on by 450

In SL 2015 is there any work around to correct a time card that had an incorrect pay rate for an employee? I have tested but cannot get it to work for records where the time is correct, it's just the rate. I know the change in newer versions is that it only reverses entries with changes, but the hours are correct it's just the rate.  Tested setting the hours to zero and approving and then correcting again, but cannot get it to pull in the new rate,  still uses the old one.

In older versions you could update the pay rate and then do a timecard correction and it would pick up the new rate.

Any creative thoughts would be appreciated.

Laura Vogel

• Laura Profile Picture
    Laura 450 on at
    RE: Time Card correction for pay rate

Thank you Scott - I did not do any updates in SQL.  The hours did update when I changed them, but the new rate did not pick up.  I will try that to see if it picks up my new rates.  

Thanks again!

• Verified answer
    Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Aloha Laura,

I just had to do this.  The system will no longer make the correction unless there is a change in the line.  When you say that you set the hours to zero, it should have made those changes.   Did you update the hours in the "back end" and then make the correction?  I think there is now a trigger on the timecard grid that checks for changes there.  Not sure though.  What I ended up doing is not updating the hours at all, but after updating the Employee Rate Maintenance table with the new rate, I made a correction of the timecard and entered something (anything will work even just a period) in the description column.  

Hope this helps.

Aloha,

-Scott

• Laura Profile Picture
    Laura 450 on at

I think you can use the Timecard with Rate/Amt Entry screen to correct it manually.

When creating the correction - close the Timecard Entry screen and open the Timecard with Rate/Amt Entry screen and override the rate.

Does that sound feasible?

Laura

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,420 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,672 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans