Skip to main content

Notifications

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Block users from adding Incoming Document Files

Posted on by 48
Hello,

We have Doc Extender and we want users to upload the attachments there, we noticed that some users can still attach documents on Page 193 table 137 from the Vendor ledger entries. We need to block the permissions so they can't add there (I've tried many things, exclude table 137, table data 137 and even the page 193 (I can't exclude the page because it block users from opening documents). How can I block the users from attaching documents here? Please help! thanks
  • Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 69,116 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    If Doc Extender uses the standard method in Incoming Document, this should not be possible through permission management.
    I suggest you contact Doc Extender's partners, I think they should have a solution.
    In addition, a more thorough method is to add a customization, such as adding a field control in User Setup. Only when this field is true can the file be uploaded.

Hope this can give you some hints as well.
    Thanks.
    ZHU
  • Suggested answer
    Valentin Castravet Profile Picture
    Valentin Castravet 22,018 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    You can exclude Codeunit 134, 'Import Attachment - Inc. Doc.' Doing so will prevent users from attaching documents.

However, the issue is that Doc Extender might also rely on this Codeunit. I'm not certain whether they have their own Codeunit or use this one, so users could face issues attaching documents in Doc Extender as well. Alternatively, you could simply hide the FactBox using profile customization.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,435 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,317 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates