Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Permissions allowing user to create Sales Quotes, but prevent Sales Order creation

Posted on by 185
I'm trying to create a permission set to allow a user to create sales quotes, but prevent them from being able to turn them into sales orders.

It looks like these use the same tables, Sales Header(36) and Sales Line (37).

This means I have to give access to Quote AND Order (and Invoice) create/edit permissions.

How can I permit a user to create quotes without permitting them to create orders?
  • Suggested answer
    Yi Yong Profile Picture
    Yi Yong 771 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Permissions allowing user to create Sales Quotes, but prevent Sales Order creation
    Hello,

On top of turning sales quotes into sales orders, if you want to prevent them from creating other sales documents such as invoice, credit memo, return shipment and directly creating order which are all under table 36 and table 37. Then there is more work to be done.

PS: I simplified by removing Table 37 Sales Lines.
    How I approach this is by creating three permission sets.
    1. Create a permission set to include 'D365 Sales, Edit' and Exclude Sales Header on RIMD.
    2. Create a permission set to include 'Read' on the Sales Header if you still need them to read on other document types.
    3. Create a permission set to include 'RIMD' on Sales Header with security filter on Document Type = Quote
    4. Assigned these three permission sets to the user. Note: You can't create a permission set to 'Include' these together as it will override them.
      If you look at the 'Effective Permissions' of the assigned user, you can see that they will be allowed to RIMD on Sales Quote and only READ on other sales documents.

Hopefully, there will be feedback from other experienced consultants on how to approach this without customization.

I feel that it may be cleaner and easier to maintain if you can customize on the sales header insert event.
  • Suggested answer
    YUN ZHU Profile Picture
    YUN ZHU 69,639 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Hi, please disable the execute permission of codeunit 83 "Sales-Quote to Order (Yes/No)".

Hope this helps.
    Thanks.
    ZHU

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans
Liquid error: parsing "/globalsearch/?callback=x74e4iqe%27)%3BWAITFOR%20DELAY%20%2700:00:00%27--" - Too many )'s.