Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Unanswered

Physical Inventory Journals - Calculate Counting Period...wrong Qty(Calculated) generated

Posted on by 320
Hello,

I tried to find similar questions on the forum but I did not succeed.
I am using the SaaS environment.

I am trying to use the Physical Inventory Journal and Calculate Counting Period functionality, but there is a problem with calculating the available quantity, on field Qty. (Calculated) on Physical Inventory Journal, a quantity that is between the defined dates on the Next Counting Start Date field and the Next Counting End Date field on the Item Card.

For this demonstration, I am using one item that has defined Phys Inventory Period Code and related Next Counting Start Date and End Date.
Item Ledger Entry for this item is in the picture below.

EAST - 30 qty
LOZIONICKA - 10 qty

It is obvious for the EAST location, that BC calculated the whole inventory and did not include the Starting and Ending Physical Inventory Period from the Item Card.
I set the Phys Inventory Counting Period Code on the Item Card. 
CodeDescriptionCount Frequency per Year
12MAnnually inventory calculation1

Thank for your answer,

Mustafa Omerbegovic
  • Physical Inventory Journals - Calculate Counting Period...wrong Qty(Calculated) generated
    Hello gdrenteria,

thanks for answering but that did not helped me. I do not have a problems with processing Physical Inventory, but with the generated quantities in Qty. (Calculated) on the Physical Inventory Journal.

Based on the Item Ledger Entry from the quuestion's picture, you can see that quantity for item 1005 need to be 10 qty on LOZIONICKA location, and 30 on EAST, but procedure calculated inventory like on the picture below...I am sorry because I did not include this picture in the initial question. (LOZIONICKA 10 qty - that is OK, but on  EAST is calculated 180 qty, which is total quantity for this item. Item ledger entries that are posted 11.04.2023. are calculated even if there was Next Counting Start Date 01.01.2022. and Next Counting End Date 31.12.2022.)
    I think that correct quantity for this item is 30 on EAST location and looks like Next Counting Start Date and Next Counting End Date doesn't work. 

However thanks for answer again,

Mustafa Omerbegovic.
  • gdrenteria Profile Picture
    gdrenteria 5,512 Super User on at
    Physical Inventory Journals - Calculate Counting Period...wrong Qty(Calculated) generated

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 289,068 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,987 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans