Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Commerce forum / Consume Retail server ...
Commerce forum
Answered

Consume Retail server APIs by using Postman

Posted on by 40

Hi, 

After doing some research on how to consume Retail server APIs using external application, I found this Microsoft documentation link https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/commerce/dev-itpro/consume-retail-server-api#register-the-application-in-azure-app-registration that explain the steps to do this, and I found this video tutorial  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjbLr0BB4AE created by Huzaifa Gain

The difference that I noticed in the steps to follow is that in the video I see the creation of just one App registration in Azure portal which is the app registration for the client, but in the Microsoft link I see that we need to create two Apps registration (one for the retail server and the other for the client) and I don't understand why we need the App registration for the retail server as long as we can do this integration using just the app registration for the client like mentioned in the video 

pastedimage1667848302273v1.png

each answer is appreciated 

best regards

• RS-30070451-0 Profile Picture
    RS-30070451-0 8 on at
    Consume Retail server APIs by using Postman
    Hi, we are looking to consume APIs in Postman for a client (Retail client) using MS Dynamics 365 F&O for a 3rd Party Application and have followed the following documentation:

However, we are facing the following error:

Microsoft_Dynamics_Commerce_Runtime_AuthorizationFailed\",\r\n  \"LocalizedMessage\": \"The user is not authorized to perform this operation

We have tried multiple steps (from a lot of sources) and continue to face this error.

Would you know how to resolve this?
  • Verified answer
    huijij Profile Picture
    huijij 19,803 on at
    RE: Consume Retail server APIs by using Postman

Hi Ghofrane,

To setup the support for Service to Service authentication in Retail Server,you should register 2 AAD applications in your tenant, one app will represent Retail Server's identity and another one the Client application making calls to the Retail Server.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Dynamics 365 Community Update – Sep 16th

Welcome to the next edition of the Community Platform Update. This is a weekly…

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,435 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,317 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates