Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Business Central forum
Suggested answer

Set Default Print Size to A4

Posted on by 60

Hi,

Today when our users print reports out from Business Central by using the function "Send to Excel", the report usually comes in the Page Size "LETTER" by default and even if we change the local printer settings on the computer, it still requires us to change it in the actual excel document exported from "Letter" to "A4".

I was wondering what code can be used to change the property and to set it as default to "A4" ?

Thanks in advance,

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Marco Mels Profile Picture
    Marco Mels on at
    RE: Set Default Print Size to A4

Hello,

Then I was completely off with this. I now see what you mean. I am not sure if this is considered a bug or a feature suggestion. You may want to raise it as an issue to Microsoft and then a supporter will ask product group if they consider this a by design scenario where we should create a feature suggestion for a future release.

If this were a report then you would be able to create an extension for a rdlc report.

Thanks.

• KRM Profile Picture
    KRM 60 on at

Hi Marco,

thanks for your reply.

We are not running BC on premises. We are on Cloud and the version we have is 18.5 

Platform 18.0.29486.31219 + Application 18.5.29545.0

• Suggested answer
    Marco Mels on at

Hello,

Apologies, I was not very clear. 21H1 is the Windows release I assume. I meant the following:

support.microsoft.com/.../released-cumulative-updates-for-microsoft-dynamics-365-business-central-spring-2019-update-on-premises-f35e3fa9-bab8-fd76-e384-4171bfff6da1

Build is 14.x.

Thanks.

• KRM Profile Picture
    KRM 60 on at

Hi Marco,

not sure what you mean with V14 but as far as I know it is version 21H1.

• Suggested answer
    Marco Mels on at

Hello,

I assume you are using Windows Client for this, Spring release v14?

Thanks.

• KRM Profile Picture
    KRM 60 on at

no problem. thanks for trying!

• MahGah Profile Picture
    MahGah 15,419 on at

Sorry about that. 

I am not aware of any method to do this. I mean I know it is possible through development. Meaning someone need to edit the report template 

You can search for Report Layout Selection. Find the report then export it out and see if you can change the layout. But normally this is not recommended for base BC report. 

I hope someone else can provide a better answer.

• KRM Profile Picture
    KRM 60 on at

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions but as I wrote above we already have a correct setup on the printe, in our display and everywhere else.

Also, as I wrote I am not printing directly from the web, we are using the "send to excel" function which downloads the files locally and we are printing it from the local computer, however the problem is that the file is not looking at the local printer setup because it is being sent by Business Central with the setup Page Size: "Letter", and thats why my question was more directed to developers if there is a chance to change this property in the background from "Letter" to "A4" and how that could be done ?

Thanks in advance,

• MahGah Profile Picture
    MahGah 15,419 on at

Hi

A few points to check 

1) What is a default printer (I mean Windows or another OS) for this user? Does that printer has a correct setup (A4, etc)? 

2) Check in your display settings right click desktop -> display settings. Make sure it 100%. If not change to 100% and try again. 

3) if you are on SaaS version when you try to print what printer you see and what is the paper size for that? You may need to adjust that printer then try in Excel. 

4) Do you have any zoom on your web browser? if yes can you rest it to normal and try?

Thanks 

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates