Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / SELECTION OF RECORDS B...
Finance forum
Unanswered

SELECTION OF RECORDS BETWEEN TWO TABLES OR ALTERNATIVE RECORDS OF TWO TABLES

Posted on by 53
Hi experts, 

I have 2 tables one table is bankstatement and another table is ledger. Both tables have almost same fields. i have created a class and gave some parameters and conditions to match the records between two tables. and showing this matching records of two tables in form level with task double pattern.. when i select a record in the bankstatement table the same reference in the ledger should get select and vice-versa should also work. when i select a record in the ledger the same reference record in the bankstatement should get select. 

i used active method in the bankstatement data-source in the form level. selection of record is working fine. when i use active method for ledger data-source  for selection. when  opening the form . its showing the please wait we processing your request... I tried all ways using research method, link active method, selectionmethod they are  not working.

if selection is not possible vice-versa 

i want a pattern like SHOWN below
one line record of bankstatement 
second line record of ledger 

can you suggest me how to do this alternative records ??

account type                        reference              amount             currency                 

bankstatement                      AB123                    5782                  USD
ledger                                    AB123                    5782                  USD
bankstatement                      XYZ22                    2000                  CAD
ledger                                    XYZ22                    2000                  CAD

• CU04060706-0 Profile Picture
    CU04060706-0 53 on at
    To ensure the accurate reconciliation of bank statements and ledger data on a daily basis.

Data Matching and Reconciliation Process:
    We have bank statements data and ledger data that require matching based on the same reference, amount, and currency. To achieve this, the bank statement and ledger data have been imported into two tables. A class with a while select loop has been created to match the records based on reference, currency, and amount.

At the form level, an issue arises when using the active method for the ledger table, resulting in a "please wait we are processing your request" message and a looping process when debugged. Conversely, the active method for the bank statement allows the selection of records, with the selection of a record in the bank statement automatically selecting the corresponding record in the ledger. However, the vice versa selection is not functioning as intended.

OR

looking to display a form pattern where the first line shows bank statement data, and the second line displays the corresponding reference from the ledger data. This pattern should alternate for each set of data.
    SIMILARLY TO THIS SCREENSHOT

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User on at
    Hi,

Can you clarify if you need one grid with records from both tables or what is your exact mockup requirement?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,696 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,490 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans