Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV forum
Suggested answer

Amount must be positive in Gen. journal line Journal Template Name ='',Journal batch name = '', Line No.='0'.

Posted on by 200

In my sales order I have posted my prepayment invoice and made the payment. Then I shipped the corresponding sales order and while posting the sales invoice a Error is occurred like " Amount must be positive in Gen. journal line Journal Template Name ='',Journal batch name = '', Line No.='0'." . This sales order has overall discount amount and no empty lines in the sales order. Thanks in Advance.

• Mehdi Kuchaki Profile Picture
    Mehdi Kuchaki 15 on at
    RE: Amount must be positive in Gen. journal line Journal Template Name ='',Journal batch name = '', Line No.='0'.

The amount is determined by the type of document

For example, the payment type for the vendor must be positive

Change your document type

• RE: Amount must be positive in Gen. journal line Journal Template Name ='',Journal batch name = '', Line No.='0'.

Yes thank you for the information...Its seems like a bug. We used 2017 code in 2018 version of NAV. So updated code with 2018. Now its working.

• Suggested answer
    Suresh Kulla Profile Picture
    Suresh Kulla 43,638 on at
    RE: Amount must be positive in Gen. journal line Journal Template Name ='',Journal batch name = '', Line No.='0'.

What version of NAV 2018 you are running, there is a hotfix for this issue in CU13 but it related to credit memo, if you don't have any modification I would try to apply that particular change and try. KB ID 292171

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,835 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,526 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans