Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Supply Chain Management forum
Suggested answer

ABC Classification, can I get the historical data?

Posted on by 1,134
The auditor would like to see the historical ABC classification of items, i.e., what was the inventory value-based ABC classification for item X back in January 2023, and then what has changed during the year quarter by quarter? Is there any table or place where the historical ABC classification of items is stored in D365 F&O?

• Suggested answer
    Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
    D365 SCM: ABC Classification, can I get the historical data?
    Hi,
    The system does not have the history and records of ABC classification. There is an ABC classification report in the system. You can find and set this report by navigating to Inventory Management > Periodic Tasks > ABC Classification. https://dynamics-tips.com/abc-classification-explained-d365-finance-and-operations/?expand_article=1
    You can set it according to the steps in this document, and the ABC percentage will be displayed after the report is generated, or you can set up a batch job, find the batch job and select the parameters, and you can also see it.

But there is no OOB functionality for direct viewing, as Andre said a custom implementation is required if it is to meet your needs.
    Best Regards,
    Hana
  • Suggested answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User on at
    D365 SCM: ABC Classification, can I get the historical data?
    Hi Satyendra,

There is no history kept in a separate table for the ABC classification. You can consider enabling database log (configuration) or a customization with a table where the history will be stored. 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans