Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 Release Wave 2Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through March 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 2 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 2 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
We have seen several cases recently where you are unable to email RM statements, and the Exceptions Reports shows a status of either Unknown Error or Insufficient Memory.
In this blog, I will describe what we have found to be the cause and a few solutions you can consider.
Important Before running SQL statements that will change your database it is recommended that you test them within a test environment first. If this is not possible, make sure that you have a recent valid backup of the company and DYNAMICS databases.
Cause This issue occurs when the email address listed in the EmailReplyToAddress column in table SY04902 within the company database has an invalid character. (In this specific instance, a semicolon.)
You may be wondering how does a GP user cause this to occur through the GP application. The following steps are an example of how you can make this issue occur:
1. In Microsoft Dynamics GP select Sales from the Navigation Pane.
2. In the Sales Navigation Window select E-Email Settings under Setup.
*The following is the menu navigation path: Microsoft Dynamics GP >> Tools >> Setup >> Sales >> E-mail Settings
3. In the Have Replies Sent To section click Select Names.
4. In the Send Replies to… window type the name of the email you want the replies sent to.
5. Click Search
6. Select the email address(person) from the search results.
7. Click OK.
The following are the two solutions you can consider for resolving this issue.
Option 1: Remove the name listed in the Have Replies Sent to section and manually type it in (vs. using the Select Name feature).
3. In the Have Replies Sent To section manually enter the email address you want the RM statements email replies to.
Option 2: Use the following SQL statements to correct the Email Address listed in the SY04902 table.
1. In SQL Server Management Studio run the following SELECT statement in the company database to find the invalid email address. SELECT * FROM SY04902 WHERE EmailSeriesID = 3
2. After you have verified that the email address listed in the EmailReplyToAddress column is incorrect using the above SELECT statement, run the following UPDATE statement to correct the email address. UPDATE SY04902 SET EmailReplyToAddress = 'newemailadress' WHERE EmailSeriesID = 3 and EmailReplyToAddress = 'currentlistedemailaddress'
3. Using my screenshot SY04902 table from the CAUSE section this blog the following is an example of the UPDATE statement I would run: UPDATE SY04902 SET EmailReplyToAddress = 'firstname.lastname@example.org' WHERE EmailSeriesID = 3 and EmailReplyToAddress = 'email@example.com;'
Additional Notes The Server Type of Exchange in the System Preference window is the only configuration that has reported this issue.
You can use the following directions to figure out which Server Type you are using. 1. In Microsoft Dynamics GP select Administration from the Navigation Pane.
2. In the Administration Navigation Window select System Preferences under Setup.
*The following is the menu navigation path: Microsoft Dynamics GP >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> System Preference
The invalid character at the end of the email address is only visible in SQL in the EmailReplyToAddress column within the SY04902 table.
I hope that the information offered has proven helpful to you and you are now able to email the RM statements without the Exceptions Reports showing a status of either Unknown Error or Insufficient Memory.
Until next time,
Nicole Fiskum | Support Engineer | Microsoft Dynamics
Business Applications communities