Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2021 Release Wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned April 2021 through September 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2021 Release Wave 1 Timeline
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
With the release of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2 we have started the replacement process of Business Portal Human Resource Self Service Suite. This is a very exciting time and will give us more opportunity to deliver on items that customers have asked for that we could not do with Business Portal architecture.One of the many needed items was a more robust WORKFLOW. With the new workflow all the different module types will have the same workflow engine, how nice is that? You do not have to learn a workflow engine for HRM or a workflow engine for requisitions it now all uses the same process which is great.We can also modify the email communications that are sent to the employee which many of you asked for in the past AND you can approve the item through a device, astonishing....
I want to emphasize that the Timecard Entry released in GP 2013 R2 is very similar to what was in Business Portal HRMSS, so if you know it, you pretty much are a pro already!With that being said you also know this will not replace a typical time clock system with sophisticated business rules or a required clock in and clock out thumb print.
All of the setup that you typically did in Business Portal is now all built into the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2 product. If you used Business Portal in the past, nothing will migrate over this is all new to use and setup.
I'm really thrilled about some of the small changes that were added to this new product which customers considered pain points with Business Portal.I would like to call out a few for you:
1. With the new workflow we can modify email communications specific to your company needs.
2. Active directory hierarchy is used to determine relationship based approvals.
3. PAY SCHEDULES....just that word in Business Portal gave me a headache...so many customers had issues with our pay schedule setup and restrictions....well NO MORE.Less restrictions, more flexibility, editing allowed, no nasty errors, easily assigned, all in all better, I hope!! I went thru cases and setup many schedules based on what customers had sent us and it seems to work, it is pretty much free for all :-) so we will see how you like it.
4. There is a new Admin Code on the Time on Behalf Code setup. What this does is designate a time on behalf code as an administrator code. This means that all active employees, employee classes, and departments for the time on behalf code are selected. Any new employees, employee classes or departments that are added to the code are selected. This is nice as some customers had that one user in the company is a time on behalf for all people with this Admin option; they will not have to add new employees each time. Easier setup for you!
5. Default checkbox added to the Timecard Assignment Setup. If you mark DEFAULT for the assignment code, this code acts as a default assignment code for employees that are NOT assigned codes. The Default checkbox is nice to use and less setup is needed when the box is marked. This was not functionality of Business Portal.
6. Each employee will be a Microsoft Dynamics GP user. Then you tie this user to your employee. Navigate to HR & Payroll; click Employee from the Card area page. This will bring you into the Employee Maintenance window, choose Additional Information. This is stored in the UPR00100 Payroll Master table column USERID and each employee that wants access to enter timecards needs to have a GP User ID setup.
7. Out of the box, this will update both Payroll and Human Resource, no reconcile needed, double yea!
8. You will need to deploy Web Client and that is what an employee will log into (site) to see their employee home page (limited to what we restrict them to see), currently just timecard entry. In the future you will see your pay check, W4, employee profile, etc. This summer we will also be releasing apps that an employee can log their time through an app which I demo'd at Convergence 2014 on my Surface..more to come.Here is a quick guide of what needs to be setup for Time Cards to work. (Don't forget to setup your Workflow to see your Submit button available)
1. Setup Payroll Timecard Approval Workflow 2. Timecard Options in Payroll Setup 3. Setup up the employee Pay Schedules in Pay Schedule setup and assign to the employees. 4. Create a timecard restriction and assign to your employees 5. Create Batch Prefixes and assign to the appropriate employee 6. Create Timecard Assignments and make sure to choose one of them as a default option, assign to employees as necessary. Assign Timecard Assignments to employees if you do not want to use the default option, under Cards | Payroll | Timecard Assignments 7. Assign your employee a GP User ID under Employee Maintenance | Additional Information 8. For Managers direct report, create a Supervisor Codes and assign the Supervisor code to the correctly employees in employee maintenance 9. Optional, create a time on behalf code, assign to employee if created
As you can see lots of change, but change is good. Start tinkering around with this new Time Entry and you can start to use it and still keep your existing Business Portal deployed as well.
The rest of the Business Portal replacement work will happen in GP 2015 release which is right around the corner.
Timecard Entry Documentation and VIDEO
With love and dedication for HRP
Here is my blog around the Canadian piece
Any update on including Canadian Payroll in the self-service timecard functionality? We are using the HR Integration to CPY.
Hi Terry. Will the Timecard entry integration be able in GP 2015?
I am very encouraged with the direction of the portal. Any thoughts on the future of Project Accounting time entry?
Business Applications communities