Question Status

Verified
lally asked a question on 14 Jan 2014 10:32 AM

Hi All ,

In AX 2009 , i Ledger transactions itself has a field ".PeriodCode." , which indicates the entry type is Normal, Opening and closing.

I have searched that field in AX 2012 in General journal Entry and General journal Account Entry. But this field is missing in the both tables .

Could any share me the field name in the AX 2012 and table name ?

What is the use the of General Journal Entry table in AX 2012 ?

Thanks in advance.

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 14 Jan 2014 11:09 PM

Hi Lally,

The property Visible on the field in the table definition is set to No. This means that it is not visible within AX. It is not on a form neither you can see it in the table browser.

It is a record id reference. So it has no use to view the contents of this field.

As an end user you can e.g. open the inquiry voucher transactions and you will notice that the table Fiscal calendar period is already included. SO you can filter on the period or also the type.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 14 Jan 2014 11:44 AM

Hi Lally,

In AX2012 there is a field on the General Ledger Entry (GeneralLedgerEntry) table called FiscalCalendarPeriod. This field set to not visible in AX. It is a reference to the Fiscal calendar period record (FiscalCalendarPeriod). On this fiscal calender period record the field Type indicated the period code as formerly known and stored on the Ledger transaction.

Note that the Normal period is now called 'Operating'.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 14 Jan 2014 11:44 AM

Hi Lally,

In AX2012 there is a field on the General Ledger Entry (GeneralLedgerEntry) table called FiscalCalendarPeriod. This field set to not visible in AX. It is a reference to the Fiscal calendar period record (FiscalCalendarPeriod). On this fiscal calender period record the field Type indicated the period code as formerly known and stored on the Ledger transaction.

Note that the Normal period is now called 'Operating'.

kind regards,

lally responded on 14 Jan 2014 7:31 PM

Andre Arnaud de Calavon
This field set to not visible in AX.

Thank you Andre ,

If i want to see this field  as a end user in the form level and to filter the data like how many Normal or Opening or Closing transactions created , what is the form name and filed name in the fom level ?

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 14 Jan 2014 11:09 PM

Hi Lally,

The property Visible on the field in the table definition is set to No. This means that it is not visible within AX. It is not on a form neither you can see it in the table browser.

It is a record id reference. So it has no use to view the contents of this field.

As an end user you can e.g. open the inquiry voucher transactions and you will notice that the table Fiscal calendar period is already included. SO you can filter on the period or also the type.

kind regards,