Question Status

Suggested Answer
jarod shen asked a question on 29 Mar 2015 10:22 PM

HI,

How to customize or setup to reject completed workflow.

My customer do not want to add second approval level for current design. this will increase their workload to verify all request submitted from user. they just want to reject for selected record and get user resubmit.

Appreciate your update in advance.

Jarod

Suggested Answer
Sohaib Cheema responded on 30 Mar 2015 12:41 AM

If you want forcefully an update to status of Workflow, you can update by calling class which is responsible to update status of your workflow. your workflow status manager.

Provide a button/action menuitem on ListPage/form and that button will update your workflow status

Jonathan Halland responded on 30 Mar 2015 12:58 AM

Hi Jarod. Can you expand on your requirement. Do you want to simply want the ability to change the status of a record to "rejected" after it has already been completed?

General AX Enthusiast and Blogger

http://www.exploreax.com

jarod shen responded on 30 Mar 2015 4:00 AM

Hi Jonathan,

The scenario is after manager approved the record and finance need to post the invoice for staff expenses claim.

if they found out the expenses category is wrong, they unable to amend the record.

what user request is update the approved and completed record to rejected and get user to amend it and re-submit. this only for selected record if needed.

If create 2nd approval workflow, each of the record need to be updated.

As per your feedback, user want a simple way to update status to 'rejected'.

thanks and regards,

Jarod

Suggested Answer
Jonathan Halland responded on 30 Mar 2015 4:49 AM

Hi Jarod.

Unfortunately the "rejected" option as you describe only makes sense within the context of a currently running workflow instance. You need an actual workitem in order to reject and resubmit. I think in your case you need to have a button that resets the Invoice's status to "draft". This will enable you to edit it and submit the item into workflow again.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 30 Mar 2015 5:43 AM

Hi Jarod,

I do agree with Jonathan. Like the purchase order has a functionality to do a Change request, you would like to have a similar functionality on your invoices.

You should also check your current procedures. Why do they approve a wrong invoice? If the approver cannot judge on it, probably you would need a review task which will be assigned to another person, before it will be assigned to the approver.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

jarod shen responded on 30 Mar 2015 9:27 PM

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Will further study in it.

jarod shen responded on 30 Mar 2015 9:28 PM

HI Andre,

thanks for the suggestion, will further discuss and review their current SOP.

regards,

Jarod

Suggested Answer
Sohaib Cheema responded on 30 Mar 2015 12:41 AM

If you want forcefully an update to status of Workflow, you can update by calling class which is responsible to update status of your workflow. your workflow status manager.

Provide a button/action menuitem on ListPage/form and that button will update your workflow status

Suggested Answer
Jonathan Halland responded on 30 Mar 2015 4:49 AM

Hi Jarod.

Unfortunately the "rejected" option as you describe only makes sense within the context of a currently running workflow instance. You need an actual workitem in order to reject and resubmit. I think in your case you need to have a button that resets the Invoice's status to "draft". This will enable you to edit it and submit the item into workflow again.