Question Status

Suggested Answer
Daniel Rincon asked a question on 25 Mar 2013 4:54 AM

Hi all,

I just googled all around and didn´t find a solution for my problem:

Problem: I cannot assign a Lead from user X to user Y. (no one of those users is me!)

What happens: I select leads, click assign, select the user to assign, crm refreshes (does like he would do what i expect it to do...) ... and.... TaDa...! nothing happens, everything like before :(

I managed the security roles and let the users X and Y do everything with leads. Also with other entitys. So as I read in different Forums, security roles shouldn´t be a problem for assigning a lead.

What am I doing wrong?!

Thanks a lot!

Suggested Answer
Gretchen Opferkew responded on 25 Mar 2013 8:00 AM

Hi there,

Can you verify this is happening if you just open an individual record and change the owner.  Also--would it be possible that someone might have created a plug-in that is automatically assigning Leads based on criteria such as the region?  

Gretchen Opferkew
PowerObjects, Director of Education

Increase your CRM skills.  Find out about upcoming CRM Events.

Suggested Answer
Gretchen Opferkew responded on 25 Mar 2013 9:05 AM

HI Daniel,

Can you check under Settings-->System Jobs to see if the Assign System Event is succeeding?

Gretchen Opferkew

Suggested Answer
Gretchen Opferkew responded on 26 Mar 2013 1:44 PM

Hi Daniel,

I've been polling the PowerObjects brains to see what the issue might be, but it's difficult to say without looking at your system.  You might try it from another computer to rule out potential compatibility with the workstation.  Also see if all users are experiencing it.  If so, then you should open a ticket with MS or a support ticket with your partner.

Gretchen Opferkew

MarcoPie responded on 25 Mar 2013 7:11 AM

Daniel,

I have never experienced your problem, but by reading what you wrote I noticed that there is a small error in your assumptions.

When you assign a lead from X to Y, technically none of them is doing any assignment, you are doing it.

So the only advice I can give you is to check if your role has the right permission to do it.

Marco

Suggested Answer
Gretchen Opferkew responded on 25 Mar 2013 8:00 AM

Hi there,

Can you verify this is happening if you just open an individual record and change the owner.  Also--would it be possible that someone might have created a plug-in that is automatically assigning Leads based on criteria such as the region?  

Gretchen Opferkew

Daniel Rincon responded on 25 Mar 2013 8:08 AM

Hi Marco,

Thanks for answering! :)

You are right, I explained it wrongly, but it´s like you said, I do the assignment, and I am almost all the roles that Dynamics CRM offers, so I am some kind of over-permitted

I checked the permissions and I should be able to do everything. But I don´t have the top-ADMIN license, but the guy that has this license on our business also couldn´t assign the leads to anyone... it´s very strange :S

Daniel Rincon responded on 25 Mar 2013 8:09 AM

Hi Gretchen,

thanks for answering :) !

It is a new generated organisation, there are still no plugins for assignment.

I´ve tryed to change a single record as well as more at once... nothing worked :(

Gretchen Opferkew responded on 25 Mar 2013 8:23 AM

Hi Daniel,

Are you CRM Online or On Premise?  If on premise, are you on 2011?

Gretchen Opferkew

Daniel Rincon responded on 25 Mar 2013 8:34 AM

Hi its On Premise 2011

Suggested Answer
Gretchen Opferkew responded on 25 Mar 2013 9:05 AM

HI Daniel,

Can you check under Settings-->System Jobs to see if the Assign System Event is succeeding?

Gretchen Opferkew

Daniel Rincon responded on 25 Mar 2013 9:11 AM

Hi Gretchen,

I´ve just checked it and I found no record inside with my assignment. I also looked there before writing here, but I thought that maybe Assignments never appear there.

So this means that the assignment didn´t happen at all :S

Thanks a lot :)

Anne Stanton responded on 25 Mar 2013 11:29 AM

Are you doing this through the CRM Assignment function?

Are you logged in as a user that has the correct security to reassign records from one owner to another owner?

Anne

aka The CRMLady at http://www.crmlady.com 

Daniel Rincon responded on 26 Mar 2013 3:44 AM

Hi CRMLADY,

yes, I´m using the assignment function and I´ve also tried to change the owner "manually" in some data records, and id didn´t work.

it also does not work with other entities.... :(... could this be a bug? is there any direct support from microsoft in cases like this?

assigning a data record shouldnt be any problem :S

Cheers

Daniel

Anne Stanton responded on 26 Mar 2013 6:07 AM

I don't think it is a bug as the function is too tied to too many things.

I would lean more towards your specific database and solution. Do you know if your system has ever had anyone write directly to the SQL Server database? This is a risk area.

Has anyone changed the cascading permissions on any of the out of the box relationships?

What Rollup are you on? Is this CRM OnPremise or CRM Online?

Given that this is a long thread you might consider logging onto CustomerSource and posting a support ticket. It is possible that the team of support engineers have seen this before.

Anne

Anne

aka The CRMLady at http://www.crmlady.com 

Daniel Rincon responded on 26 Mar 2013 8:48 AM

Hi Anne,

well we have a license and allways worked with one organisation. Last week we generated a new organisation, so that we work with two. Could this have made some changes or problems?

i can remember that i could assign thins in the past in the old organisation, now i cannot even do it in the old one.

we have onPremise 2011 installed.

Suggested Answer
Gretchen Opferkew responded on 26 Mar 2013 1:44 PM

Hi Daniel,

I've been polling the PowerObjects brains to see what the issue might be, but it's difficult to say without looking at your system.  You might try it from another computer to rule out potential compatibility with the workstation.  Also see if all users are experiencing it.  If so, then you should open a ticket with MS or a support ticket with your partner.

Gretchen Opferkew

Mohammad Atif responded on 4 Apr 2013 5:35 PM

is this issue isolated after testing this behavior from another workstation , or is there a MS Support case opened ?

Thanks,

Daniel Rincon responded on 4 Apr 2013 11:14 PM

Hi everybody,

thank you all for your help! the issue isn´t solved by now. I just got in contact with my Microsoft Partner and they are trying to find out how to fix this problem.

I will post the answer as soon as we get it solved.

Thank you!

Daniel