SmartList Designer, the coolest and newest reporting tool released with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Service Pack 2!!!

SmartList Designer, the coolest and newest reporting tool released with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Service Pack 2!!!

• Comments 1

We are down to the last feature blog for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 service pack 2 and we saved the best for last!

Whenever you are talking to Microsoft Dynamics GP users, reporting always is a topic of concern.  How can I create this report?  Do you have a report that does this?

With the release of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 service pack 2, there is now a really cool and new way to create reports with SmartList Designer. If you have not checked this out, I encourage you to do so.

I'm not a reporting writing guru, but even I have been able to generate some reports with SmartList Designer :-)

SmartList Designer allows you to create reports based on tables found in Microsoft Dynamics GP and any third party application.  You can create new SmartLists or copy an existing SmartList.

When you are creating your report, SmartList Designer gives you a nice Result Preview of the data without going into the report so you know if have joined the tables correctly or even have the right table you wanted.

Also, don't forget when you are in core SmartList there is now collapse and expand of the left navigation pane and splitter views that are really cool, something many customers have asked for.

Check out the VIDEO and enjoy this AWESOME new reporting tool for all Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 customers that apply service pack 2!

Happy Reporting!!

Terry Heley

• Hi Terry,

How do I escape the single quotes in the filter conditions 'is any of'?

I am trying to filter a query by soptype however the qeury yields no results as the tsql statement being passed through is:

select [SOP10100].SOPTYPE AS 'SOP Type',

[SOP10100].[SOPNUMBE] AS 'SOP Number',

[SOP10100].[DOCID] AS 'Document ID' from TWO..[SOP10100] where ([SOP10100].SOPTYPE) in '2,3'

any value typed in is treated as a string