Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Early Access Availability
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I have two contacts i'm trying to merge but i keep getting a "systemuser With Id = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Does Not Exist" with no log file available to download. I merged another contact and have no issues just with this one. Anyone know what would be causing this?
are you using online or on prem? if on prem, try to enable tracing, you will get more details error in there.
Are you the owner of the two contacts? Besides, whether the contacts are active?
Please kindly check whether the Merging user has the Merge security Privilege as well as Read, Edit, Append, Append To, and Share.
We are online, I have made myself the owner of both records and have full admin rights.
Hi Devon Toland,
This Business Process Error can be caused by Plugins and Worklows. I recommend checking all custom logic running on the contact entity for issues.
what was the solution to this issue?
This will most probably be a workflow that is being triggered as a result of the change of contact on one of the associated records that is inactive I.e. an order that has been closed.
I would suggest:
1) open the contact that is being merged and deactivated.
2) check for any associated records that are closed i.e. quotes, orders, invoices etc
3) open each of these records and check for any links to a contact on this form as you might have more than one (I have a client that is a car leasing firm that has an order with a link to a contact to discuss the deal with and a second contact that is going to be the driver of the vehicle on the order that caused me this issue).
4) check for any workflows for this entity i.e. order that will be triggering as a result of this contact change
5) open a new tab and get the 2 contacts ready to merge.
6) deactivate the workflow
7) try to merge the contacts,
8) reactivate your workflow!!
If you got the right workflow(s) there may be more than 1!!! then the contacts should merge.
It could also be a plugin that is being triggered but I would check workflows first as this will be the easiest and most common cause to fix.
If the steps above work for you please mark as the solution.
Thanks for providing such good information. Your response helps to identify cause of the issue. I have got same error while try to merge two contact and I enabled traces and find out the correct associated entity (Quote) which caused the error. then I have checked the Workflows and plugin and found that one of the workflow is causing the issue. I disabled it temporary and successfully merged two issued contacts and enabled it.
Thanks. Feel free to mark my response as a valid solution! Glad it helped
Business Applications communities