One of the coolest things about Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations is the Power BI integration. Power BI is now the primary Business Intelligence tool for Dynamics 365. After you have deployed your instance of D365 for Operations through LCS (Lifecycle Serivces) you also have to configure the Power BI integration. I did this recently and of course I’m going to share with you how to do it The procedure was fairly easy. There are two different aspects on how to get this working, some of the setup is done in Power BI and the rest is done in D365. We will start working with the Power BI part of it. Here are the steps:
First we have to register our Dynamics 365 for Operations deployment as an web app. This is done by going to this web page: http://dev.powerbi.com/apps
More information about this setup can be found here.
2. Click “Edit” and enable the Power BI configuration.
3. Under Client ID, paste the key you got from the Power BI app registration form (Client ID)
4. Under “Application key”, paste the key you got from the Power BI app registration form (Client Secret)
5. Click “Save”
6. Go to the “Budget Planning Workspace” for instance and look for the Power BI column inside the workspace:
6. Click on the “Get started” button and Authorize access to Power BI. You can now select reports and dashboards from Power BI and pin them to your workspace:
If you want more detailed information about this setup, go to this website.
As always, use the comment area below or send me an email if you have any questions!