Personalized Community is here!
Quickly find the content you seek
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2020 release wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through September 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
My Resource Utilization view remains at 0% for everyone.
I've got Target Utilization set, Role set to chargeable and a default role set for each resource. Everyone is submitting time, which is chargeable and it is being approved.
What else am I missing?
I've read about the Fixed Price vs Time & Materials but don't know how I change this. We also don't use the Project Contract functionality.
Any help much appreciated!!
Resource utilization calculations do not work. You can try logging a support request with MS Support.
So there's nothing I can do to make it work for me?
That is the issue....you can only get it to work if you use contract, contract lines, contract line details.
As far as I understand it doesn't work even if you follow these steps:
To see past week resource utilization charts on the resource management dashboard, you need to run the “UpdateRoleUtilization” workflow manually
To run the workflow manually:
1. Go to Project Service > Settings > Batch Jobs.
2. Select the Utilization Chart record and click the RUN WORKFLOW button.
3. In the lookup dialog, select UpdateRoleUtilization, click Add, and then click OK.
The 7 day batch job is for the calculation of the aggregation entity that is used by the "utilization by role" chart on the PM and RM dashboards. The utilization on the utilization grid is not driven by that job and should be near real time.
Prerequisites for the chart to show info correctly are below:
- Resource Utilization shows what has happened in the past. I.e. approved time entries.
- Target Utilization must be set for a resource.
- Project Contract must exist and have a Time and Material line (FP not working for utilization is a bug which will be fixed at some point in future releases).
- Role is to be Chargeable and thus billing type must be Chargeable at time entry approval.
- Default role must be set for a resource. This is mandatory for both D365 as well as for the PowerBI solution templates.
Quite a colourful picture here though:
Try looking for discussions on the same topic:
Business Applications communities