The views and opinions expressed in this blog are those solely of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect Microsoft’s current policy, position, or branding. For official announcements and guidance on Dynamics 365 apps and services, please visit the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Blog.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 release wave 1 Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through September 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 Timeline
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
Tracking the money that employees spend when incurring expenses for your business is a real key of Expenses management in an organization.
In today’s post we will discuss about the employee cash advance management feature of AX 2012.
We will start with the process of employee submitting a request for cash advance, the approver reviewing and approving it, paying the employee and then we will also see a little bit of process how the employee can return his cash advances.
Employee Submits Cash advance request in Employee self-service portal :
1. Navigate to the Manage Expenses > Cash advance request area in the Enterprise portal.
2. Click New Cash advance request and key in required details for this request. Save and close after filling in the details. Then, submit the request for approval.
Two easy to use steps for employees to submit cash advance request !!
Approver reviews the Cash advance request:
1. Approver logs into enterprise portal and finds the cash advance request assigned to him/her for review.
2. Approver opens the cash advance request and then reviews and approves it.
Just two clicks !! QUICK and Easy for the reviewer/approver.
Finance team pays to the employee after the request got approved :
1. The finance teams logs in to AX and navigates to view the approved cash advance requests.
2. One click PAY !! The finance team member/user just clicks the Pay and transfer button and AX 2012 does the rest. Employee gets PAID !! System automatically creates and posts the required financial voucher entry for this transaction based on the setups which are done.
See below the automatic financial journal created and posted in the system.
The cash advance payment cycle for the employee is completed in few simple steps.
Let us now take a quick look at how the employee can return the cash back or how an employee can expense his cash advances in AX 2012.
1. Employee logs into the Enterprise portal and navigates to expense management area and create a new expense report and clicks Other > Return cash advance.
2. System automatically shows all your reconciled cash advances. Select the one you want to expense and select the expense category and submit the expense report.
System creates the necessary financial journals after the expense report is approved and posted.
Till next time !!! Keep reading
Business Applications communities