Personalized Community is here!
Quickly find the content you seek
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 release wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through September 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
I encountered an unfortunate issue with inventory closing and item requirements from the Service module.
The following happened:
A Service order was created. For this an item requirement was created and a purchase order. The vendor delivered on December 1st. Thus in the service order the item was posted as delivered. The Status of the item was set to sold since item requirements are not invoiced with a sales order but a Project invoice. The vendor sent his invoice on January 15th. Later a inventory closing was started for December 31st and also March 31st.
And here the trouble begins.
I would expect that AX uses the price from the invoiced purchase order to calculate the cost for the dilivered item, but it doesn't. After some testing I found out, that if I only do a recalculation instead of a full inventory closing, it will correctly calculate the cost Price - but only for a recalculation that includes January 15th or later.
This happens only for item requirements created from the Service module. If I create a sales order from the sales order form and from there a purchase order everything works as expected. I did conform this in an unchanged Contosos System.
So my question: How can I fix the incorrectly calculated costs? Because my inventory ledger accounts now have inventory that will never be sold. And how can I avoid this from happening again?
Have you run the inventory cost updates?
thankss for the advice. Where I can do that? Can you give me a path to the menu?
To recalculate the inventory and match item issues with receipts in order to determine their cost price without closing the inventory, follow these steps.
Click Inventory management > Periodic > Closing and adjustment. Click the Recalculation button to open the Recalculate inventory form.
If you want to select specific items or item groups to be recalculated, click Select. Your selection displays in the Items field group.
In the Recalculate inventory up to field, enter or select a date before which you want the inventory to be recalculated.
Fill in the remaining fields as required.
Click OK to start the recalculation.
I already tried the recalculation. But at some Point I want to make a closing, and this should cancel all following recalculations. Then I again have the inventory Transaction with the wrong cost Price.
Business Applications communities