Skip to main content

Notifications

Community blogs

Featured

Latest blog posts

LikeLike (0)
Navigate Dynamics 365 F&O using Copilot

This week, I presented about AI in Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O together with Hylke Britstra at a Dutch Dynamics Community event. While preparing for the session, I created some demos to extend the Copilot sidecar and found some hints in the coding ...

André Arnaud de Cal... 284,876 Super User
LikeLike (0)
Invalid users in Dynamics 365 F&O – 10.0.39 update

Starting in Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O version 10.0.39, Microsoft enforced security guidelines for external users. Effectively, Microsoft disabled the cross-tenant access in Dynamics 365 F&O. This means that external users from a different tenant,...

LikeLike (2)
More options to personalize the date and time format – Dynamics 365 Finance and Op...

Personalization is an important aspect of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations. Removing or adding custom fields, setting default filter ranges, and changing the order of fields are some examples that make end users more productive. Next...

Personalization
LikeLike (1)
Securing a menu item is not enough – table permissions

In the two earlier posts, I talked about missing parts and controls when you would create privileges from scratch. In this post, I will continue explaining about reasons for missing elements on forms due to table permissions. Or maybe you would l...

Security
LikeLike (1)
A restyled user experience for F&O apps in April 2023 release

When I installed the preview of Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations version 10.0.32, also known as the April 2023 release, it was noticeable the user interface got restyled slightly. Apart from this, also some navigation concepts have been change...

LikeLike (0)
Dynamics 365 & Power Platform – 2023 release wave 1 plans

Today, Microsoft released the new plans for 2023 release wave 1. These plans will tell you about the short-term investments to be released by Microsoft for Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform. Microsoft is releasing these plans twice a year to in...

Supply Chain Management
LikeLike (0)
Securing a menu item is not enough – form controls

In my previous blog post, I talked about missing parts on forms when you only focus on granting permissions on menu items. This is mainly the case if you start privileges and duties from scratch to ensure a least permissions principle. Form parts...

Security
LikeLike (0)
Securing a menu item is not enough – form parts

Implementing the correct security is not only about granting access to menu items. You need to understand the full architecture and realize the menu item linked to a menu is only one option when Microsoft mentions user interface elements in their...

Security