SBX - Forum Post Title

CRM 2015 - Error after update 0.1

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Nicolas COULIN asked a question on 16 Apr 2015 6:41 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi,

After update 0.1, organization can not be uptaded.

Exception occured during Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.OrganizationDatabaseHotFixer: Error.ActionFailed Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.InstallDatabaseUpdatesAction
InnerException:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The current transaction cannot be committed and cannot support operations that write to the log file. Roll back the transaction.
Uncommittable transaction is detected at the end of the batch. The transaction is rolled back.

Any idea ?

Anonymous picture
Anonymous
My Badges

Hi,

Are you able to connect to SQL server ? or SQL is in the same box?

Johnny Rossi responded on 16 Apr 2015 11:02 AM

We are having the same issue with an out of the box organization.  Our upgrades on our databases are set to deferred .  We have successfully run the update on an vm appliance , but our dev environment is throwing this same error.

Nicolas COULIN responded on 16 Apr 2015 2:54 PM
My Badges

SQL is on the same VM. SQL is 2014 version.

Suggested Answer

This appears to be a problem that many people are encountering- you will need to contact Microsoft support who hopefully will have a fix soon.

Nicolas COULIN responded on 16 Apr 2015 3:08 PM
My Badges

Test with another plateform, CRM and SQL on different box, same problem.

Johnny Rossi responded on 16 Apr 2015 3:14 PM

Thanks Scott yes we have a ticket started and are waiting for a resolution.

domsaunders responded on 17 Apr 2015 12:49 PM

We have exactly the same problem.  Upgraded 2 organisations from CRM 2011 to 2013 and then straight to 2015.  DBs are on a new separate SQL 2014 server.  Upgraded the server to UR 0.1, but cannot update any organisations.  

Everything I read with regard to this error (relating to previous CRM versions) seems to point at a language pack incompatibility issue.  When upgrading, the install instructions say that the language pack needs to be installed first.  I am sure that the CRM Server uses English (US) and we have "Database base language code: 1033", which is also English....

Johnny Rossi responded on 17 Apr 2015 12:55 PM

Interesting , we've not installed the language pack - we only use English.  Do you think the order is important, can you reply after you've installed and let us know the results.

domsaunders responded on 18 Apr 2015 2:02 AM

I downloaded "CRM2015-Mui-KB3010990-ENU-amd64", one of the files offered in UR 0.1 and tried to install it and it says the Language Pack is not installed on this computer.  So I then downloaded "CRM2015-Mui-ENU-amd64" (the base language pack" and it tells me that I cannot install it because the language of the Language Pack, English (US) is the same language as the MS Dynamics CRM server.  So, no further forward.

domsaunders responded on 20 Apr 2015 12:39 PM

Hi,

Has anyone seen/heard of any updates on this yet as I am keen to deploy Update 0.1.

Dom

Johnny Rossi responded on 20 Apr 2015 12:47 PM

We checked our ticket today and there was still no update as of 10:00CST.   We were promised an update today on the status. 

Aron R responded on 20 Apr 2015 2:17 PM
My Badges

Having same issue not being able to update any org to update 0.1. By tracing SQL profiler I see the following exception;

An online operation cannot be performed for 'cndx_BusinessDataLocalizedLabel' because the index contains column of large object type, and in the same transaction there are update operations before this online operation. Put the online operation outside the transaction or put it before any updates in the transaction.

Does any one have more insight on this and a possible solution/workaround?

Baris Kanlica responded on 21 Apr 2015 6:10 AM
My Badges

Hi Johnny,

Is there any news about your ticket?

Best Regards

Wayne Walton responded on 21 Apr 2015 7:24 AM
My Badges

I'd also definitely be interested in any news about this.  I have some clients that want to install .1 to fix other issues.

Johnny Rossi responded on 21 Apr 2015 8:43 AM

Latest is that they were able to reproduce the error at MS.  "...was able to reproduce the issue and has been testing to see if different versions of SQL affect whether the issue occurs or not." as of 3:50CST.

Suggested Answer

This appears to be a problem that many people are encountering- you will need to contact Microsoft support who hopefully will have a fix soon.

Johnny Rossi responded on 23 Apr 2015 8:39 AM
Suggested Answer

Here is what we were provided to correct this issue.  Keep in mind that this solution was built specifically for our environment and may not match exactly to what others are experiencing.  So use with caution.

1. Make a backup of the file MetadataDiffs.xml from “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install”

2. Open the file MetadataDiffs.xml from “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install”

3. Remove the entry about the index “cndx_BusinessDataLocalizedLabel”. This is found at the very end of the file:

<index Name="cndx_BusinessDataLocalizedLabel">

<EntityId>4ba1569e-3c9c-4d9f-99ea-b61fb08d7f97</EntityId>

<IsClustered>1</IsClustered>

<IsUnique>1</IsUnique>

<IndexType>6</IndexType>

<IsPrimaryKey>0</IsPrimaryKey>

<attributes>

<attribute AttributeId="d88e1df3-b5b3-42f3-9ffa-007f22951dd4" IsSystemManaged="1" order="0" />

<attribute AttributeId="bb23d3c8-8d18-40d3-9519-66101a8cae34" IsSystemManaged="1" order="1" />

<attribute AttributeId="976e1053-5faa-4c3f-be6e-669acfec9d5a" IsSystemManaged="1" order="2" />

<attribute AttributeId="e81341c4-4d4a-4977-98eb-6597fcde2cc4" IsSystemManaged="1" order="3" />

</attributes>

</index>

4.Close Deployment Manager

5. Start Deployment Manager

6. Start the organization update from Deployment manager.

7. Run the following query on the organization DB to manually recreate the index.

IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.indexes WHERE name = 'cndx_BusinessDataLocalizedLabel' AND OBJECT_NAME(object_id) = 'BusinessDataLocalizedLabelBase') DROP INDEX [cndx_BusinessDataLocalizedLabel] ON [BusinessDataLocalizedLabelBase];

IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.indexes WHERE NAME = 'cndx_BusinessDataLocalizedLabel' AND OBJECT_NAME(object_id) = 'BusinessDataLocalizedLabelBase')

BEGIN TRY

CREATE UNIQUE CLUSTERED INDEX [cndx_BusinessDataLocalizedLabel] ON [BusinessDataLocalizedLabelBase]([ObjectId] ASC, [ObjectIdTypeCode] ASC, [ObjectColumnNumber] ASC, [LanguageId] ASC) WITH (FILLFACTOR = 80, MAXDOP = 4, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = ON, ONLINE = ON)

END TRY

BEGIN CATCH

CREATE UNIQUE CLUSTERED INDEX [cndx_BusinessDataLocalizedLabel] ON [BusinessDataLocalizedLabelBase]([ObjectId] ASC, [ObjectIdTypeCode] ASC, [ObjectColumnNumber] ASC, [LanguageId] ASC) WITH (FILLFACTOR = 80, MAXDOP = 4, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = ON)

END CATCH

8. Restore the file MetadataDiffs.xml to its original state using the backup taken at step 1.

Andreas Donaubauer responded on 23 Apr 2015 10:26 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

I found the following solution:

If the error occurred during import appears Organization,

then run the following script on the organization DB to manually recreate the view:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--

-- base view for PrincipalSyncAttributeMap

--

ALTER view [dbo].[PrincipalSyncAttributeMap]

(

-- logical attributes

[OrganizationIdName],

-- physical attributes

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapId],

[PrincipalId],

[VersionNumber],

[MappingName],

[EntityName],

[AttributeCRMName],

[AttributeExchangeName],

[SyncDirection],

[DefaultSyncDirection],

[AllowedSyncDirection],

[IsComputed],

[ParentPrincipalSyncAttributeMappingId],

[ComputedProperties],

[OrganizationId],

[AttributeCRMDisplayName],

[AttributeExchangeDisplayName]

) with view_metadata as

select

-- logical attributes

[lk_principalsyncattributemap_organizationid].[Name],

-- physical attribute

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapId],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[PrincipalId],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[VersionNumber],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[MappingName],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[EntityTypeCode],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[AttributeCRMName],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[AttributeExchangeName],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[SyncDirection],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[DefaultSyncDirection],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[AllowedSyncDirection],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[IsComputed],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[ParentPrincipalSyncAttributeMappingId],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[ComputedProperties],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[OrganizationId],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[AttributeCRMDisplayName],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[AttributeExchangeDisplayName]

from [PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase]

left join [OrganizationBase] [lk_principalsyncattributemap_organizationid] with(nolock) on ([PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[OrganizationId] = [lk_principalsyncattributemap_organizationid].[OrganizationId])

GO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait for the netxt error "Error.ActionFailed Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.ProvisionOrganizationLanguagesAction" and

then run the following script on the organization DB to manually recreate the view:

--

-- base view for PrincipalSyncAttributeMap

--

ALTER view [dbo].[PrincipalSyncAttributeMap]

(

-- logical attributes

[OrganizationIdName],

-- physical attributes

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapId],

[PrincipalId],

[VersionNumber],

[MappingName],

[EntityTypeCode],

[AttributeCRMName],

[AttributeExchangeName],

[SyncDirection],

[DefaultSyncDirection],

[AllowedSyncDirection],

[IsComputed],

[ParentPrincipalSyncAttributeMappingId],

[ComputedProperties],

[OrganizationId],

[AttributeCRMDisplayName],

[AttributeExchangeDisplayName]

) with view_metadata as

select

-- logical attributes

[lk_principalsyncattributemap_organizationid].[Name],

-- physical attribute

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapId],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[PrincipalId],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[VersionNumber],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[MappingName],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[EntityTypeCode],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[AttributeCRMName],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[AttributeExchangeName],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[SyncDirection],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[DefaultSyncDirection],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[AllowedSyncDirection],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[IsComputed],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[ParentPrincipalSyncAttributeMappingId],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[ComputedProperties],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[OrganizationId],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[AttributeCRMDisplayName],

[PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[AttributeExchangeDisplayName]

from [PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase]

left join [OrganizationBase] [lk_principalsyncattributemap_organizationid] with(nolock) on ([PrincipalSyncAttributeMapBase].[OrganizationId] = [lk_principalsyncattributemap_organizationid].[OrganizationId])

GO

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aron R responded on 23 Apr 2015 11:39 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Johnny, Thanks for your fix. It worked for me.

Abdullah Celik responded on 30 Jun 2015 6:44 AM
Suggested Answer

worked for me too. Thanks.

Oana Nitescu responded on 26 Aug 2015 10:33 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Karan,

The fix will be shipped with Update 0.2

Meanwhile you can open a case with us and you will get the COD (Critical On Demand) containing it.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS